Saturday, September 28, 2019

Week 39 Review: Cast in Oblivion

From Goodreads:
POLITICS ARE HELL

Kaylin wasn't sent to the West March to start a war. Her mission to bring back nine Barrani might do just that, though. She traveled with a Dragon, and her presence is perceived as an act of aggression in the extremely hostile world of Barrani-Dragon politics. Internal Barrani politics are no less deadly, and Kaylin has managed--barely--to help the rescued Barrani evade both death and captivity at the hands of the Consort.

Before the unplanned "visit" to the West March, Kaylin invited the Consort to dinner. For obvious reasons, Kaylin wants to cancel dinner--forever. But the Consort is going to show up at the front door at the agreed upon time. The fact that she tried to imprison Kaylin's guests doesn't matter at all...to her.

A private Barrani Hell, built of Shadow and malice, exists beneath the High Halls. It is the High Court's duty to jail the creature at its heart--even if it means that Barrani victims are locked in the cage with it. The Consort is willing to do almost anything to free the trapped and end their eternal torment. And she needs the help of Kaylin's houseguests--and Kaylin herself. Failure won't be death--it's Hell. And that's where Kaylin is going. 

My first review of Cast in Oblivion
My Review:
Man, I enjoyed reading this book again! I love this series so much, and this book deals with the Adversary at the bottom of the Tower. So yeah, kinda a big deal. There's also the dinner with the Consort that Kaylin desperately tried to stop, but alas. Such a great read!

I read this book again mainly because we're getting closer to Cast in Wisdom, and I'm just really excited for it! And I'm glad that I did, because there's mention of the fief's and the borders, and that's what Wisdom has in its synopsis, so yeah, really excited for that!

I remembered most of the main bits of this story, like the reveal about the first war, and how it ended. But in this series, it's the little things, the politics and new information, that really give it that extra special greatness.

Everything that happened in this book, from the Cohort becoming Lords of the Court, the Adversary,  it's going to change this world. Hopefully for the better! I can't wait to see what's going to happen, like, are we going to see Bellusdeo visiting the High Halls like she was invited to?

Loved reading this book so much, and I can't wait for Cast in Wisdom!

Author: Michelle Sagara
Series: Chronicles of Elantra #14
First Read: November 7th, 2018
Read: September 25th, 2019
Source: Bought
Reason Why: Love this series and her writing, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2019 Book!
Publisher: Mira Books
Published: January 29th 2019
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!