Thursday, July 21, 2011

Author Interview-Imperfect by Aerie

Today I'd like to welcome over Aerie for an author interview!

Imperfect
Avalon Skye is young and enjoying life with her sidekick, Renolds. Nothing can touch them. That is, nothing until Jesse. He gives her a single look and she’s hooked onto his dark brown eyes. Avalon get’s taken on a ride through her senior year of love, secrets, losing yourself and everything in between for Jesse.



How far would you go for your love? Would you become imperfect?

Why/how did you start writing?

I always thought of stories. Then when I knew how to put together sentences, I started writing my stories down.


What’s the most common mistake do you think that beginning authors make?

I'm not really sure... I still feel like a new author myself.

What worries would you tell your past self to get over in the beginning?

With writing, I would always worry about my writing being too much of something. Too provocative, too dark, too whatever. But it's when it's guarded that there are problems.

What would you tell your past self to worry about?

Grammar. I'm terrible at it.

Are you a plotter, or a pantser-do you do outlines, or do you write what comes to mind?

I always try to plot but it always ends up being whatever comes to mind.

If you’re a pantser, how do you wrap up all the loose ends?

I reread everything then revise so all the pieces fit together.

What inspired your first book?

My books are usually inspired by what's around me. The people, the setting: I take that and make it into a scene, add characters and then a story.

Do you listen to music while writing?

Always. I usually make a playlists for my books.

What’s your writing space like?

Wherever I end up. But there's usually a clutter of glasses, chapstick, pens, paper and a random assortments of other things by the time I'm done.

Do you have any quirks when it comes to writing?

When I really get into a scene, I put my hair into a messy bun.

How did you come up with Avalon and who they are?

Avalon is lively but vulnerable. She's optimistic and a bit guarded. I was trying to sleep one night when a scene from Imperfect popped into my head. There was a girl, Avalon, who was controlled by a guy, Jesse. Then there was the best-friend-with-benefits, Renolds. That's how all my characters came to be.

What are you currently working on?

I'm working on the sequel to Imperfect which is told in Jesse's point of view. As well as The Bicurious Times of Florence Lee which you can find on my blog.

What wrimo sites are you on?

I'm on Julno, Nano, Wriye, and Crazy Club.

What future plans do you have for your book?

I'm hoping to send it to publishers once I turn 18. Maybe even self publish it before then.

If you could write any book that you’ve ever read, what would it be? Why?

I think it would be Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. When I was watching the movie, I kept thinking, "wow, that'd be a fun scene to write".

What authors may you have learned from, from sites and reading their books?

Libba Bray. She's my favorite author and she inspires me to just write whatever I feel like.

Which of your character do you relate to the most?

All of my characters have a piece of me. I don't think there's just one that I relate to the most.

Do you prefer books to movies in the film adaptation from books?

The books are always better.

Do you get writer’s block? If so, what do you do to pass the time, or get rid of it?

All the time. I just wait until something comes along that makes me need to write.

One book you wish you hadn’t written, if any?

One of my first books that I finished, Bade. The characters are now in a completely different story.

Authors you look forward to new books from the most?

Libba Bray and John Green. They're two of my favorite authors.

Do you have a writing schedule?

No. I don't do well with schedules.

On the top of your head, how many plots and characters do you think you have or have created?

Oh my... Plots? Probably over a hundred, of course I haven't finished them all. Characters... Too many.

A short line from your book that you love?

"I feel like feeling".

Your favourite quote?
 
"The coroner will find ink in my veins and blood on my typewriter keys." C. Astrid Weber
 
Aerie can be reached by email on on her blog, The Bicurious Times Of Florence Lee.
 
Aerie is a high school student from Pennsylvania. She's hoping to be published someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!