Saturday, March 22, 2014

Week 12 Review: Everneath

From Goodreads:
Last spring, Nikki Beckett vanished, sucked into an underworld known as the Everneath, where immortals Feed on the emotions of despairing humans. Now she's returned- to her old life, her family, her friends- before being banished back to the underworld... this time forever.


She has six months before the Everneath comes to claim her, six months for good-byes she can't find the words for, six months to find redemption, if it exists.

Nikki longs to spend these months reconnecting with her boyfriend, Jack, the one person she loves more than anything. But there's a problem: Cole, the smoldering immortal who first enticed her to the Everneath, has followed Nikki to the mortal world. And he'll do whatever it takes to bring her back- this time as his queen.

As Nikki's time grows short and her relationships begin slipping from her grasp, she's forced to make the hardest decision of her life: find a way to cheat fate and remain on the Surface with Jack or return to the Everneath and become Cole's...

My first review of Everneath
My Review:

The first thing I mention is that, I love this cover. Whenever someone asks why I love YA, one of the things I mention is that they can have really beautiful covers, and this one is always mentioned. Or the detail of how her dress fades to smoke, and the colours...yeah, this is one major case of cover love.

And that's just the cover! Then there's the inside of the book, a broken romance, and a 6 month time limit on saying good-bye. And yet a concept of it bothered me a lot. I mean, the forfeits are giving their energy to Everneath. And yet, they have to give the rest of their energy, to die. I should think, that the Everneath should be happy that it got the initial energy, and then give everybody back up to the surface. Except that they're evil, and power-hungry monsters. Yeah. It bugged me.

Reading this story, it was a bit broken, by the present, and the past, leading up to when Nikki went to be a forfeit. And yeah, this was a rereading, so I knew what was going to happen. And I had to read it!

This is just a fantastic book, from outside in! So freaking fantastic, must reread Never(something) and Everbound!!!

Author: Brodi Ashton
Series: Everneath #1
First Read: February 29th, 2012
Read: March 19th, 2014
Source: Own
Reason Why: Rereading! And it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2014 Book and a LLFL Book!
Publisher: Harper Collins / Balzer + Bray
Published: January 24th 2012
4\5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!