Saturday, March 29, 2014

Week 13 Review: The Gathering

From Goodreads:
Sixteen-year-old Maya is just an ordinary teen in an ordinary town. Sure, she doesn't know much about her background - the only thing she really has to cling to is an odd paw-print birthmark on her hip - but she never really put much thought into who her parents were or how she ended up with her adopted parents in this tiny medical-research community on Vancouver Island.

Until now.

Strange things have been happening in this claustrophobic town - from the mountain lions that have been approaching Maya to her best friend's hidden talent for "feeling" out people and situations, to the sexy new bad boy who makes Maya feel . . . . different. Combine that with a few unexplained deaths and a mystery involving Maya's biological parents and it's easy to suspect that this town might have more than its share of skeletons in its closet. 


My first review of The Gathering
My Review:
Oh, this is such a great book! I loved reading about these characters, more of this world, where none of the characters really know about the supernatural world, unlike the previous trilogy, where Derek and Simon did. Well, besides Rafe, but he takes his pretty time telling her about them.

Oh, and this book did have uniqueness, the Skin Walkers, the original owners of the name (I know nothing about them beyond this series) are a definite unique factor, and what I know of the series, yeah, lots of new-but-old-cuz-they-went-extinct/no-power beings. Yeah.

I enjoyed this group of kids, together ostensibly because their parents work for the same company, but that there was a hidden secret there in the fact that all of them are those supernatural creatures. They were different people, and it was really interesting and awesome to read about them!

Maya, and Rafe, they were a cute couple, so I enjoyed reading about them while it lasted, was nice. And her and Daniel had an awesome friendship, and what happens later on, I'm happy about, because it's so sweet and nice!!!

Yeah, this was a freaking great book, and the ending, quite good, if with a good amount of questions left over. But those can wait a bit to wait to read The Calling since I don't have time this week. Yep.

Author: Kelley Armstrong
Series: Darkness Rising #1
First Read: October 23rd, 2011
Read: March 25th, 2014
Source: Own
Reason Why: Rereading! And it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2014 Book!
Publisher: HarperCollins
Published: April 5th 2011
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!