Saturday, March 1, 2014

Week 9 Reviews: Legacy, Allegiance


From Goodreads:
I noticed his eyes. They were blue, sharp and intense. Despite the youthful glows of his suntanned face, his eyes were cold and unfriendly, suggesting he had great experience in the world and was now expecting the worst.

In her seventeenth year, Princess Alera of Hytanica faces one duty: to marry the man who will be king. But her father's choice of suitor fills her with despair.

When the palace guard captures and intruder—a boy her age with steel-blue eyes, hailing from her kingdom's greatest enemy—Alera is alarmed…and intrigued. But she could not have guessed that their clandestine meetings would unveil the dark legacy shadowing both their lands.

In this mystical world of court conspiracies and blood magic, loyalties will be tested. Courage won't be enough. And as the battle begins for everything Alera holds dear, love may be the downfall of a kingdom.


From Goodreads:
Only I saw Narian for who he truly was: a young man with courage and an independent mind, and made to pay for what was outside his control. He couldn't help his past any more than he could help the way those intense, deep-blue eyes pierced me and held me captive.

An eighteen-year-old queen in love with the enemy as their countries pass the point of no return...

Bound to a man she cannot love, Queen Alera of Hytanica must forget Narian, the young man who holds her heart. For Narian is destined to conquer Hytanica at the behest of his master, the powerful magic-user known as the Overlord. Alera doesn't truly believe Narian will fight against Hytanica-until Cokyrian troops attack with Narian commanding the charge.

Faced with the greatest betrayal a heart can know, Alera must set aside personal feelings and lead her kingdom through its darkest time. And when all hope, will and courage seem lost, she must find strength and remember that even the blackest night must have a dawn...

My first review of Legacy, Allegiance 
My Review:

Oh, just loved rereading these books! They were so freaking good, and I just devoured them, because yeah, I loved them the first time, and I knew I was going to again, and I did, and yeah, just lots of big hugs and big hearts and lots of love!!!!

My favourite scene, must've been when Alera goes out, in Allegiance, and then Steldor comes after her, they fight, and he takes her horse and goes back to the city, while she keeps going to the estate of Narian's blood family. Then the resulting scene, when London brings her back, and his dad is all, you both left without guards, you left her alone without guards, and we are a war, and basically, what were you thinking, and yeah, I just reread that part a few times, because to me, it's hilarious!!!

I missed a few things that I got when I read it the first time, and also got details that I missed the first time, this time. An example of the first, was the source of Steldor's scene, his wolfs talisman, because that was right before the scene mentioned above, so I wanted to get that, and was reading too fast to do so. An example of the later was that while Steldor improved, he and Alera just weren't the best of matches, even without Narian, and while she could grow to love him like he loves her, it still wouldn't be the best for them.

I missed Narian in Allegiance, because he wasn't really in it, but the role that he does play is significant, after all, he's the one that has to siege Hytanica, which isn't what he wants to do, but has to, because the Overlord has Alera's sister.

Wow. These books were so freaking good, I really enjoyed them, can't wait to reread Sacrifice!!!

Author: Cayla Kluver
Series: Legacy #1, 2
First Read: January 21st, 21st-22nd, 2012
Read: February 27th, 28th, 2014
Source: Own
Reason Why: Rereading! And they're Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2014 Books and Historical Fiction 2014 Books!
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Published: March 10th, 2010, March 7th, 2011

Legacy: 
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars








Allegiance:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!