Saturday, March 1, 2014

Week 9 Review: Grave Mercy

From Goodreads:
Why be the sheep, when you can be the wolf?

Seventeen-year-old Ismae escapes from the brutality of an arranged marriage into the sanctuary of the convent of St. Mortain, where the sisters still serve the gods of old. Here she learns that the god of Death Himself has blessed her with dangerous gifts—and a violent destiny. If she chooses to stay at the convent, she will be trained as an assassin and serve as a handmaiden to Death. To claim her new life, she must destroy the lives of others.

Ismae's most important assignment takes her straight into the high court of Brittany—where she finds herself woefully under prepared—not only for the deadly games of intrigue and treason, but for the impossible choices she must make. For how can she deliver Death’s vengeance upon a target who, against her will, has stolen her heart?

My first review of Grave Mercy, My second review of Grave Mercy
My Review:

I thought I had written this already! I mean, it's a 2014 book! So I guess not all of the 2014 reviews were written. But they will be now, barring any more things like this happening again! And would you believe, that I just wrote my reviews for the first 2 times that I've read this book? And this is the 3rd one in a row? Whoo!

The first time that I read Grave Mercy, at the beginning, I thought that maybe Sybella and Annith would be with Beast and de Lornay. And so it was sad when he died. And I knew that for the second time. But I had forgotten that he died in this book. So yeah, his death was sad. But Ismae helped him on!

Crunard, I feel really bad for him. He lost 3 sons to the war between Brittany and France, and thought he lost a 4th-but that son was still alive, and leverage for him to surrender up Anne to the French. And so he betrays them. That he was behind the orders that hindered Brittany, those early kills of Ismae, yeah. Not fun!

I just utterly adored this book, from the characters, the world, the politics and the scheming, it was just so entertaining to read, and I just wanted to have more! And now to reread Dark Triumph, because soon after that, is Mortal Heart, and I can't wait for that now!

This really is a wonderful book, I've enjoyed it so many times now, and yeah, just the great start of a wonderful series!

Author: Robin LaFevers
Series: His Fair Assassin #1
First Read: March 2nd, 2012
Second Read: April 5th, 2013
Read: February 23rd, 2014
Source: Own
Reason Why: Rereading for a second time! And it's a Historical Fiction 2014 Book and a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2014 Book!
Publisher: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Published: April 3rd 2012
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!