Saturday, March 29, 2014

Week 13 Reviews: Escaping Reality, Infinite Possibilities


From Goodreads:
Infinite possibilities….
Infinite passion…..
Infinite danger….

His touch spirals through me, warm and sweet, wicked and hot. I shouldn't trust him. I shouldnt tell him my secrets. But how do I not when he is the reason I breathe? He is what I need.

At the young age of eighteen, tragedy and a dark secret force Lara to flee all she has known and loves to start a new life. Now years later, with a new identity as Amy, she's finally dared to believe she is forgotten–even if she cannot forget. But just when she lets down her guard, the ghosts of her past are quick to punish her, forcing her back on the run. 

On a plane, struggling to face the devastation of losing everything again and starting over, Amy meets Liam Stone, a darkly entrancing recluse billionaire, who is also a brilliant, and famous, prodigy architect. A man who knows what he wants and goes after it. And what he wants is Amy. Refusing to take "no" as an answer, he sweeps her into a passionate affair, pushing her to her erotic limits. He wants to possess her. He makes her want to be possessed. Liam demands everything from her, accepting nothing less. But what if she is too devastated by tragedy to know when he wants more than she should give? And what if there is more to Liam than meets the eyes?

From Goodreads:
Secrets and lies. They are everywhere: haunting her, tormenting her. In the midst of it all, he’d been her escape, her passion. The only person she'd trusted in six years. And then he'd made her doubt that trust, cutting her deeply. But as she'd once told him, she was damaged, not broken. She is ready to fight and not just for survival. She is fighting for the truth and she won't stop until she has it, not even for…him.


My Review:
These were 2 pretty great books, and while I didn't take to Escaping Reality as much as Infinite Possibilities, but mostly that was the start of the series, and the introduction of the couple, and they grated on my nerves at the beginning, that kind of over-the-top romance that is scoffed off as being too unreal to actually be true. True, it changed and grew, which is why I liked it, because change is good!

The one aspect that I enjoyed from word 1 was the mystery. The mystery of her past that she sees sometimes that causes medical trouble, to who her "handler" is, to who her mysterious boss that she never meets.

Then there's her neighbour Jared, who felt familiar, and I think the events of Infinite explained it, if not directly (at least for me) and Meg, the employee of the lawyer's office, and proves to be much more than that in Infinite, too.

And the ending of both books! Escaping's had me needing to read Infinite, and Infinite, we got a lot of questions answered, and things were happy. For most of them. Because then there's going to be the 3rd book, from her brother's POV, which is important to the story, and yeah, I can't wait to read that!!!

Author: Lisa Renee Jones
Series: The Secret Life of Amy Bensen #1, 2
Read: March 26th, 26th, 2014
Source: Tuebl/NetGalley, Tuebl
Reason Why: Sounded good! And they're Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2014 Books!
Publisher: Julia Patra Publishing, Lisa R Jones
Published: July 22nd 2013, November 11th 2013

Escaping Reality:
5/5 Hearts
3/5 Books
2/5 Stars








Infinite Possibilities:
5/5 Hearts
3/5 Books
2.5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!