Saturday, May 10, 2014

Week 19 Review: Street Game

From Goodreads:
For Mack McKinley and his team of GhostWalker killing machines, urban warfare is an art. But despite a hard-won knowledge of the San Francisco streets, Mack knows from experience that too many things can still go wrong. Danger was just another part of the game - and now he's come face-to-face with a woman who can play just as tough.

She's Jaimie, a woman with a sapphire stare so potent it can destroy a man. Years ago she and Mack had a history - volatile, erotic and electric. Then she vanished. But now she's walked back into Mack's life again, as a spy with more secrets than are good for her. Against all odds, she's hooking up with Mack one more time to take on an enemy that could destroy them both, or bring them back together in one hot, no-holds-barred adrenaline rush.

My Review:
Oh, I loved rereading this book! So good, great characters, we got introduced to Team 3, and to the fact that there was a Team 4, and that the guy who helped the women trapped in the breeding program escape, Kane, is a part of Team 3, is in fact, the second in command. Yeah, and he's looking for Rose, since she's pregnant and all, which means that I really want their story soon in Ruthless Game to reread!

Some of my complaints were the numbers. Because in the beginning, it's mentioned that there were 6 boys besides Mac and Kane, and then Jaimie and Rhianna. Which adds to 8 guys. And then for the first mission they they go on, there's 9 guys and Jaimie, which I could put in that another guy was added to the team during the whole "becoming a GhostWalker" thing. But then when the guys confront Mac about sleeping with Jaimie, there's 8 of them-even though it's them against Mac, and someone's on the roof, and someone is watching Paul. And there was only 5 or 6 names mentioned. So there was that.

And I'd have liked to know more about their past, a bit more about the group, their relationships with each other, and Mac's mom, and yeah, that would be nice, and I know we can get more in future books, like Kane's in Ruthless, but I want it now!!!!

Now to the things that I loved! I loved the romance, and the characters, and the intrigue, and the mystery, of who wants to kill Jaimie, who want's to protect her, and all the different sides, and then the hacking, and Paul-new GhostWalker talent, physic surgeon. And Mac has a new GhostWalker talent, the almost teleporting, by moving very quickly from one place to another, but only short distances. Oh, and that Kane see through walls, but then he losses his sight for a bit.

Yeah, I really enjoyed this book (even if it doesn't quite look it) and yeah, can't wait to reread more, and then wait for Viper Game to come out!!!

Author: Christine Feehan
Series: GhostWalker #8
Read: May 7th, 2014
Source: Own
Reason Why: Rereading! And it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2014 Book!
Publisher: Jove
Published: December 29th 2009
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!