Saturday, January 24, 2015

Week 4 Review: Blindsighted

From Goodreads:
A small Georgia town erupts in panic when a young college professor is found brutally mutilated in the local diner. But it's only when town pediatrician and coroner Sara Linton does the autopsy that the full extent of the killer's twisted work becomes clear.

Sara's ex-husband, police chief Jeffrey Tolliver, leads the investigation -- a trail of terror that grows increasingly macabre when another local woman is found crucified a few days later. But he's got more than a sadistic serial killer on his hands, for the county's sole female detective, Lena Adams -- the first victim's sister -- want to serve her own justice.

But it is Sara who holds the key to finding the killer. A secret from her past could unmask the brilliantly malevolent psychopath... or mean her death.

My Review:
I enjoyed rereading this book so much! It was really entertaining, and yeah, it's been a while since I last read it, so I'd forgotten who the bad guy was, and what he did, but I just knew that I wanted to spend time with Sara and Jeffrey!

The thing about this book, was that it took place in a week, Monday to Sunday, and the case was solved on Saturday. That's a lot going on in just around 400 pages. And I think the cancer with the child, Sara gets sued over that, so when it just skipped over that, it makes me worry for her!

So the first victim Sybil, yeah, some pretty awful things happened to her. And the the next victim, who even though Sara saved her life, killed herself, because she felt ashamed of the things she felt while she was drugged, yeah, it just proved what a despicable person he was! I think the ending was appropriate!

I know what Lena's going to do, basically, and yeah, I know where it's going to lead. And this book started her on that path. So I'm not happy that her life's going to have, and has, that pain in it, but I'm not the writer, I'm the reader, so I'll deal!

This was a really wonderful, amazing book, and yeah, I can't wait to reread more! 

Author: Karin Slaughter
Series: Grant County #1
Read: January 18th, 2015
Source: Own
Reason Why: Rereading! And it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2015 Book!
Publisher: Harper Torch
Published: October 1st 2002
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!