Saturday, January 24, 2015

Week 4 Review: The Final Cut

From Goodreads:
Scotland Yard's new chief inspector Nicholas Drummond is on the first flight to New York when he learns his colleague, Elaine York, the "minder" of the Crown Jewels for the "Jewel of the Lion" exhibit at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, was found murdered. Then the centerpiece of the exhibit, the infamous Koh-i-Noor Diamond, is stolen from the Queen Mother's crown. Drummond, American-born but raised in the UK, is a dark, dangerous, fast-rising star in the Yard who never backs down. And this case is no exception.

Special Agents Lacey Sherlock and Dillon Savich from Coulter’s bestselling FBI series don't hesitate to help Drummond find the cunning international thief known as the Fox. Nonstop action and high stakes intensify as the chase gets deadly. The Fox will stop at nothing to deliver the Koh-i-Noor to the man who believes in its deadly prophecy.  Nicholas Drummond, along with his partner, FBI Special Agent Mike Caine, lay it on the line to retrieve the diamond for Queen and country.

My Review:
This book was pretty awesome! I did find some things about it annoying, like the praise of Sherlock, and the first name stuff, which I'll blame on Catherine Coulter, since I haven't experienced it in the other J.T. Ellison books that I've read, and yeah!

What I found pretty funny, was that the director of the exhibit, Dr. Victoria, was from the town that has the chapel in the Da Vinci Code, and I'm at the time of writing this review, going to be reading The Da Vinci Code very soon! So I found that funny!

I enjoyed the mystery in this book a lot, and the history of the diamond too, which is how the book got it's title, I presume. I mean, the cut that was done to it for Queen Victoria, the final cut, to what it is today. Well, I haven't seen it, so I'll just have to go with that!

The relationship between Mike and Nicholas was a really interesting one. She's heard stories about him from his uncle, her old SAC. And she doesn't like that he's basically horning into her case because the victim was a part of his team. But they fell in love, and I just loved that!

This was a really awesome book, I enjoyed it a lot, and I can't wait to read more!

Authors: Catherine Coulter and J.T. Ellison
Series: A Brit in the F.B.I. #1
Read: January 18th, 2015
Source: Tuebl
Reason Why: Sounded good! And it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2015 Book!
Publisher: Putnum Adult
Published: August 19th 2013
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!