Saturday, July 7, 2018

Week 27 Review: This Splintered Silence

From Goodreads:
Lindley Hamilton has been the leader of the space station Lusca since every first-generation crew member on board, including her mother, the commander, were killed by a deadly virus.

Lindley always assumed she'd captain the Lusca one day, but she never thought that day would come so soon. And she never thought it would be like this—struggling to survive every day, learning how to keep the Lusca running, figuring out how to communicate with Earth, making sure they don't run out of food.

When a member of the surviving second generation dies from symptoms that look just like the deadly virus, though, Lindley feels her world shrinking even smaller. The disease was supposed to be over; the second generation was supposed to be immune. But as more people die, Lindley must face the terrifying reality that either the virus has mutated or something worse is happening: one of their own is a killer. 

My Review:
Oh, this book was really awesome! A space thriller, what more could anyone ask for? The idea that the kids were the only ones to survive, yeah, that's a bit terrifying, because they're in space, and it's not like it's easy for them to get help!

Lindley adored her mom, looked up to her so much. So she's under a lot of stress, trying to take her mom's place on the station. I felt really badly for her, because man, to be responsible for so many people, to try and not make mistakes, that's hard!

I really enjoyed the way it was written, with the short chapters that go very well in thriller books. This book was more psychological thriller, not a lot of action, but there was the constant threats to their survival, be it supplies or the virus or the killer. Awesome!

One thing that I just didn't like was her name. I mean, I searched it to see if it was a real first name, and nope, my results were of towns and as a last name. It bugs me, because for a first name, it's like a part from 2 different names were smashed together. Bah!

Yeah, this book was really great and I really enjoyed it!

Author: Kayla Olson
Read: July 5th, 2018
Source: Edelweiss
Reason Why: Sounded really good, and it's a SAC 2018 Book, Sophomore Challenge Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Harper Teen
Expected Publication: November 13th 2018
5/5 Hearts
4.5/5 Books
4.5/5 Stars

2 comments:

  1. This sounds really intense. Not my usual type of book, but definitely one I'll need to add to my list TBR.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It didn't feel intense, it was the musing that she had, and all the pressure she was under. But if that's the impression you get, ok, because I don't get nuances like that :) Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

      Delete

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!