Friday, September 14, 2018

First Lines Friday #383, September 14th

First Lines Friday is a bookish meme hosted by Literary Marie of Precision Reviews. We encourage all of our fellow book bloggers and bookhearts to play along.

-Grab your current read(s)
-Share the first line(s)
-Include the title and author so that other FLF participants can add the book to their TBR Lists!

"I sat back in my captain's chair and breathed, slowly and deeply, letting my body adjust to traveling at a normal velocity again. It was risky to come here, but maybe we'd finally get a break. We needed one. So did the ship. Outside the bridge's large window panels, stars winked back at me from the endless Dark. The view didn't look much different from anywhere else we'd been in the galaxy lately, but no one in their right mind would be here. I was counting on it. It never ceased to amaze me how vast space was—and yet not a single corner of it was free. No technology existed that could get us beyond the Overseer's reach." -Nightchasher by Amanda Bouchet

Yeah, this is a pretty dark opening, and I can't wait to read more! Really enjoying this book! What about you guys? Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!