Saturday, September 1, 2018

Week 35 Review: Nine

From Goodreads:
In this twisted Lauren Oliver-meets-A.S. King debut, Julian has just eight more lives to burn in order to uncover a brutal secret.

In an alternate world startlingly close to our own, humans have nine lives—and they can't wait to use them up.

The government has death incentives aimed at controlling overpopulation. As you shed lives, you shed your awkward phases: one death is equal to one physical and mental upgrade.

Julian's friends are obsessed with the idea of burning, but Julian is determined to stay on his first life for as long as he can. His mother burned too fast and inflicted a debilitating rebirth sickness on herself.

Julian realizes that he's going to have to burn at some point—especially when he becomes a target for Nicholas, the manipulative leader of the Burners, the school's suicide club. And when Julian eventually succumbs, he uncovers suspicious gaps in the rebirth system that may explain exactly why his mother went so far down the rabbit hole years ago.

Along with a group of student dissenters, Julian sets out to find answers and is soon on the verge of exposing the greatest conspiracy ever unleashed on the world.

My Review:
This book was so amazing to read! It was so unique, and I was really excited to read it! The whole world of having 9 lives was really interesting, and while it was different than I thought (they were supposed to burn a certain number of lives by the time they were in their teens, which is horrible) but was so great to read about!

One thing that I really wanted to know, was if or when Julian would burn a life. After all, he went so long without dying, and I wanted to see whether he would or not. And yeah, how it all came about, yeah, it was just so great to read!

This is the kind of situation that just boils with indignation. His mom wanted to investigate why this was happening. All they wanted to do was cover it up and keep their power. And yeah, that they burned her lives, was just horrible!

I really enjoyed how they took down the bad guys, there were a lot tense moments, and it didn't go like I thought i would, it was very surprising, and was a really fantastic ending! And yeah, it left it open for a sequel, which I wouldn't at all!

This book was so fantastic, and I enjoyed it a lot!

Author: Zach Hines
Read: August 27th, 2018
Source: Edelweiss
Reason Why: Sounded really good, and it's a DAC Book, SAC 2018 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: HarperTeen
Published: August 7th 2018
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!