Saturday, September 15, 2018

Week 37 Review: Dragon's Claw

From Goodreads:
Everyone knows that vampires are hard to kill. But when Dory Basarab is called to a crime scene in a smelly basement in Queens, she discovers that that may no longer be the case. Somebody has developed a new weapon, a vamp killer, and left her plenty of clues to follow. One of them leads her to the other side of the world, and to a city like no other, where the paranormal is normal and where death stalks the streets. Can she defeat a clever killer before he kills again, and on an unprecedented scale? 

My Review:
I love reading about Dory! And the fact that a) we're getting two stories that have a linked plot, and b) Dory and Pritkin meet, yeah, I was really excited about this book! And it didn't disappoint, it was a hilarious, non-stop read! I loved it!

One thing that I both love and hate about Karen Chance's writing (at least in the two series she currently does in the same world) is there's so much action and I don't have any idea really why what they're doing is helping, or what the heck is going on. When it's explained later, it makes sense, that ahh, moment. But during the action, it's the what the heck?

There were two bits of magic that I really enjoyed in this book. The first was the anchored city of Magical Hong Kong, and the graffiti. Oh, yes, the graffiti. That caused me to laugh so much, it was just hilarious!

That ending was a pretty drawn out battle! And this was only one half of it, which is saying something! But that ending was a bit sad, because there was that loss there, but that bad guy had to be taken down. Still sucks about the cost!

I loved reading this story so much, it's so great, and I can't wait for Pritkin's story!

Author: Karen Chance
Series: Dorina Basarab #4.5, Cassandra Palmer World #12.5
Read: September 11th, 2018
Source: Ebook.bike
Reason Why: Love her writing and this series, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2018 Book!
Publisher: Karen Chance
Published: September 3rd 2018
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!