Saturday, September 1, 2018

Week 35 Review: Missing You

From Goodreads:
Ever since a walk home on a particularly stormy day, Jessica Mastriani has had an ability like no other. She became known worldwide as Lightning Girl a psychic who could find the location of anyone, dead or alive. Jess finally had no choice but to embrace her newfound talent, and ended up lending her skills to the U.S. government. 

But her work for them has taken a terrible toll, and Jess resurfaces months later a shadow of her former self, her powers gone, Lightning Girl no more. Her only hope is starting over in a new place, a big city where nobody knows her. It's only when Rob Wilkins unexpectedly shows up on her doorstep that she's forced to face her past. Rob, all the way from back home, needs her help. But how can Jess, her powers gone, find anyone, let alone the sister of a man she once loved . . . when she can't even find herself? 

My first review of Missing You
My Review:
Yeah! I loved reading this book again, I wasn't planning on it, but then I had an urge to, so yeah, I read it. I wasn't feeling well, so I wanted comfort, and I turned to this book, a nice quick read that was so enjoyable, and that I could finish quickly and then go to sleep. It worked perfectly!

I had remembered the main plot points (well, besides the school and the two options it could become) but not the little details, which were the ones that fully flesh out a book. That make it interesting to read, and were just so great to read again!

Jess and Rob have been on a heck of a roller coaster ride. They had a long time to become a couple, and then she went to help with the war, and came back and there was the big misunderstanding. I'm glad that they finally worked everything out!

Now that I'm older, all the words in capital letters seems a little extreme. Like, couldn't the words be emphasized using italics or something instead of capital letters? It feels weird criticizing a book that I really enjoyed, but every reading experience is different, because you're different!

This book was just so freaking great to read again! Loved that I did so!

Author: Meg Cabot
Series: 1-800-Where-R-You? #5
First Read: August 5th, 2013
Read: August 29th, 2018
Source: Own
Reason Why: Rereading! And it's a End of Series 2018 Book and a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2018 Book!
Publisher: HarperTeen
Published: December 26th 2006
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!