Saturday, May 3, 2014

Week 18 Review: Hunting Lila

From Goodreads:
The novels follow the story of Lila, a 17-year-old with the power of telekinesis, and Alex, her brother’s best friend and long-time love interest. When a mugging on the streets of South London goes horribly wrong and exposes her unique ability, Lila runs away to Southern California, where Alex and her brother are working for a secret organisation called The Unit and searching for the men who killed Lila’s mother five years before. Lila unwittingly becomes embroiled in the hunt and a suspenseful murder mystery ensues.

My Review:
Oh, did I enjoy this book! Who wouldn't about a girl who has a huge crush on her brother's best friend, and then add in super powers-that she has them, and said brother and best friend, work for a team that hunts down others like herself? Sounds pretty darn good to me!!!

Loved the mystery while Lila slowly finds out more about The Unit, and what it does, and more about the people like her, and then the reactions that Alex and her brother had to finding out that she had powers? Yeah, it just made me hate their boss more, for telling lies to them. Because they believed the group killed their mom, when it was the side that they worked for that did that.

Alex's escape with Lila, that was fun to read, changing cars, getting new clothing, changing cars again, to the meeting with her brother, that was awesome, spy-ish, and pretty intense, some people thinking that they were going to get married in Vegas...yeah, that was pretty epic.

There were a few characters, and I know I'm going to get the chance to know them better, because of the novellas that are together in Lila Shortcuts, which I'm going to read, and I can't wait, because they were awesome enough here, they're going to be even better in their own stories!!

I loved this book, and I can't wait to read more!!!

Author: Sarah Alderson
Series: Lila #1
Read: April 27th, 2014
Source: Tuebl
Reason Why: Sounded good! And it's a Just For Fun Book and a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2014 Book!
Publisher: Simon and Schuster
Published: August 4th 2011
5/5 Hearts
4.5/5 Books
4/5 Stars




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!