Saturday, May 3, 2014

Week 18 Review: Prodigy

From Goodreads:
Injured and on the run, it has been seven days since June and Day barely escaped Los Angeles and the Republic with their lives. Day is believed dead having lost his own brother to an execution squad who thought they were assassinating him. June is now the Republic's most wanted traitor. Desperate for help, they turn to the Patriots - a vigilante rebel group sworn to bring down the Republic. But can they trust them or have they unwittingly become pawns in the most terrifying of political games?

My Review:
This was an amazing book! We got to see more of the world, because they went from just being in L.A., to being in Vegas, to even going to the Colonies near the end. And June and Day have a pretty big fight, almost as soon as they get back together after being separated from that point in the book.

I was optimistic about the plan that the Patriots cooked up, that it would make things better, but June's feeling that something wasn't right kept me from really expecting it to go to plan. After all, it is a book, what is a great book without conflict, and there isn't conflict if things go according to plan. Well, that I can think of.

I hated that June and Day were slowly going in different directions, splitting apart, not hating the book, I loved it because of that, but just that it was happening, because it was heart-breaking, I mean, that they loved each other, even if June didn't recognize it as such, and so, didn't say it back to Day. That was a big part in their splitting, and yeah, not fun.

I loved that we found out more about the world, that the important people had evacuated to Antarctica, and then built a new civilization there, and then the Patriot's listening in to their broadcasts, and how they saw the Republic. That was just hilarious!

The ending, with the flight away from the Colonies, and Kaede's death, and then Day's speech, that was pretty epic, and it set a great tone for the last book, because that was pretty intense things, and that Champion's the last book...yeah.

I loved this book, and I can't wait to read Champion, because I know it's going to be excellent!

Author: Marie Lu
Series: Legend #2
Read: April 26th, 2014
Source: Bought/Own
Reason Why: Loved the first book, and it's a 2014 Dystopia Book and a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2014 Book!
Publisher: Putnam Juvenile
Published: January 29th 2013
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
4.5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!