Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Resolutions: Review

From Goodreads:
DEA agent Eve Taylor has had her fill of alpha males. When Resolutions' operative and former lover, Dillon "Mac" McKenna, threatened her hard-earned independence, she ran. On a mission to gather evidence against a Colombian drug-lord, Eve discovers the drug-lord is helping terrorists plan an attack on American soil. Before she can escape with the vital information, she's captured and comes face to face with her mortality... 

As a teen, Mac watched his family fall apart after his mother died doing dangerous U.N. work. The possibility of losing Eve to a mission ignited an overwhelming need to protect her. When he forced her to choose him or her job, she walked away. Two years later, it seems all his nightmares have come true and he's tasked with rescuing her from a Colombian prison. Mac has never stopped loving Eve, but does he dare risk his heart when he's so terrified of losing... 
On the run, Mac and Eve must learn to trust each other again in order to stay alive. 

 My Review:
First off, I want to start this off with an apology. If you look down at the tour banner, it says December, and because that's when the tour actually was-December 2013. But because of school, and just general forgetfulness, I didn't read this book for the tour. So now I've read it almost a year later, and yeah, I'm sorry. I really dislike not making things like tour dates. So now, here's my review!

Mac and Eve were pretty great together! I mean, they have events in their pasts that makes certain character traits in the other be very able to work them into a "shake some sense into you" kind of anger-Eve has her Alpha Four brothers, and their protectiveness. Mac has his mom who wanted to help the world, and died because of that. And yeah, that causes a lot of problems in their relationship!

Relating to the first favourite line, Mendoza kills a lot of people when Carlos was another potential victim, first from letting Eve escape, then not capturing her at the clinic, and then not capturing her at the safe house. It really was quite funny, since it's not real people dying, but book people, which is a totally different thing! So yeah, when Carlos eventually actually dies, it's like, finally!

There were a few things that set up for future books, like a mention of a team mate, and his new mission, and yeah, I haven't checked out the other books in the series yet, but yeah, I hope that's going to be a book, because yeah, this was a really great, action-packed book!

Favourite lines: "Mendoza’s daily threat of killing his brother-in-law was a joke among the men. Truth is Mendoza’s sister would tear him a new ass if he laid a hand on Carlos. I'd say this is one of his frequent f**k-ups." This is really quite hilarious! "Twenty minutes later, she sat at the kitchen table, pilfering through Mac's duffel bag full of weapons, her mind no longer thinking of hot and steamy sex with him. Well, sort of. Now, she was only half-thinking of Mac and sex. The other half of her brain zeroed in on the cache of weaponry spread before her." Now that is a weird combo, but for them, it works! "Are you upset Mac interrupted my abduction? Seriously?" Yeah, seriously? That is just making me think he's the mole, writing this after reading this line, having not finished the book yet! And now that I have, knowing who the mole is, my heart hurts! "Eve wasn't sure she'd heard him right. There were so many types of love in a man's world. They love grilled steaks. They love fast cars and sports. They love movies with car chases and lots of s**t blowing up." Yes, they do. And romantic love is a whole 'nother thing! "You asked if I wanted a water instead of demanding I take it. Has an alien taken possession of your body? Have they come to take you back to the mother ship?" So much fun! "F**k me. If one more goddamn fire ant bites me I'm going to shoot the little f**ker." Uh, overkill, much? "The banano smokes explain a lot about the level of intelligence of Mendoza’s men. The bastards have fried what little brain cells they had to begin with." This is very true, and very funny! "'There's nothing I love more than hanging out in dark, hot tunnels that smell like piss and death warmed over.' 'Yep, every man's aspiration, and you're one of the lucky few who actually get to live the dream.'" The sarcasm is palpable! "That'd make three, instead of two, against Mendoza and how many?" Oh, at least 5, you'd think! "F**k, Miguel. If you keep killing all your men, there'll be no one left for me to shoot."  Miguel is a bit trigger happy! "M-67 fragmentation grenade. Designed to inflict maximum damage to nearby persons. My own modified version of Darwin’s Theory of Natural Selection. I do the selecting." Ah, boys and their toys! "I'll let you in, but only because the neighbors are calling and complaining about a soaking wet moron hanging out in the drenching rain at my front door." Yeah, he is that! "I may even consider buying a minivan." Such a homey picture that paints!

Yeah. this was a pretty fantastic book, and I'm just beating myself over the fact that it took me so long to get around to reading it!

Author: Teri Riggs
Series: Honor Guards #1
Read: October 5th, 2014
Source: Worldwind Tours Review Book
Reason Why: Sounded good!
Publisher: Decadent Publishing Company
Published: December 21st 2013
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
4/5 Stars
Bio:
Teri Riggs was destined to be a writer. As a small girl she didn’t read bedtime stories, she made up her own. Who needed Little Red Riding Hood or The Three Little Pigs when there were so many great tales bouncing around in her head? When she grew up and became a mother to three little girls, she continued the tradition of making up bedtime stories. On the occasions she chose to tell conventional fairytales, Teri usually gave them a bit of tweaking here and there or added a new ending. Her girls loved it.

After her daughters had the nerve to actually grow up and leave home, Teri discovered she had a passion for writing and jumped right in. It came as no surprise she chose to write mysteries and happily-ever-after’s since that’s the genres she loves to read.

Teri lives in Marietta, Georgia with her husband, one of her daughters and two dogs that seem to think they rule the world. And some days Teri thinks maybe they do.

Teri still frequently tells herself stories as she falls asleep. The only difference now is she wakes up the next morning and turns her bedtime stories into books.

Contact and Buy AKA Links:


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!