Saturday, August 8, 2015

Week 32 Review: Don't Call Me Baby

From Goodreads:
All her life, Imogene has been known as the girl on THAT blog.

Imogene's mother has been writing an incredibly embarrassing, and incredibly popular, blog about her since before she was born. Hundreds of thousands of perfect strangers knew when Imogene had her first period. Imogene's crush saw her "before and after" orthodontia photos. But Imogene is fifteen now, and her mother is still blogging about her, in gruesome detail, against her will.

When a mandatory school project compels Imogene to start her own blog, Imogene is reluctant to expose even more of her life online...until she realizes that the project is the opportunity she's been waiting for to tell the truth about her life under the virtual microscope and to define herself for the first time.

Don't Call Me Baby is a sharply observed and irrepressibly charming story about mothers and daughters, best friends and first crushes, and the surface-level identities we show the world online and the truth you can see only in real life.

My Review:
I really enjoyed reading this book! It was really great, and such a quick read, and I enjoyed every minute of it, of her and her friend trying to show to their moms that being blogged about when you have no control over the personal details, is not fun. And it was just really great to read!

There was, for me, 3 main plots in this book. Her mom and the blogging, her friend, and her relationship with Dylan. And those were really great to read about, because they're kinda all the general things in life, family, friends, and potential love interests. Really enjoyed that!

It was really interesting for me, as a blogger, to read this book. True, my blog is about books, not a mommy blog, but still. I really only add personal details in my reviews, sometimes in other posts. But those are about me, not about someone else.

But still, I could understand why Imogene didn't want her mom to blog about her life. She hadn't chosen it, and it was forced upon her, and through this book she learned more about her family, and the why of the blog, that ending was pretty satisfying!

Favourite lines: "Guess what? Dylan asked me to the dance. Well, technically, he asked his shoe, but I think he meant me." Yeah, I think he meant you, too! "Even though I'm really hoping this works out, I definitely don't want him thinking that I'm planning our future children's names. (I already did that back in eighth grade. Ophelia and Lawson.) That is just so cute!

This really was a great, fun, and enjoyable book! So great to read!

Author: Gwendolyn Heasley
Read: August 1st, 2015
Source: Edelweiss
Reason Why: Sounded really fantastic, and it's a SAC 2015 Book!
Publisher: Harper Teen
Published: April 22nd 2014
5/5 Hearts
4.5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!