Saturday, February 13, 2016

Week 7 Review: Moonset

From Goodreads:
Moonset, a coven of such promise . . . Until they turned to the darkness.

After the terrorist witch coven known as Moonset was destroyed fifteen years ago—during a secret war against the witch Congress—five children were left behind, saddled with a legacy of darkness. Sixteen-year-old Justin Daggett, son of a powerful Moonset warlock, has been raised alongside the other orphans by the witch Congress, who fear the children will one day continue the destruction their parents started.

A deadly assault by a wraith, claiming to work for Moonset's most dangerous disciple, Cullen Bridger, forces the five teens to be evacuated to Carrow Mill. But when dark magic wreaks havoc in their new hometown, Justin and his siblings are immediately suspected. Justin sets out to discover if someone is trying to frame the Moonset orphans . . . or if Bridger has finally come out of hiding to reclaim the legacy of Moonset. He learns there are secrets in Carrow Mill connected to Moonset's origins, and keeping the orphans safe isn't the only reason the Congress relocated them . . .

My Review:
It was really fantastic to read this book! I've loved Scott Tracey's books before, and this one was so good! It was strange and interesting, and I really enjoyed this world! And the characters, the children of a very bad group of people. Though they might have been good once...

I really enjoyed reading about Justin and the others! They were bounced around because of his "twin"-though really they share the same dad, the leader of the Moonset coven, but different mothers. Yeah. And the mystery of their parents, because they did some pretty horrible things, and they did have a bit of logic on their side, if only they hadn't gone such a dark path! But there's a mystery there, too!

To be honest, I'm a little confused by the ending. I don't know how it all worked out, how Justin drew those conclusions from what happened. So I don't quite understand what happened there at the end, but I know there was a bit of good there for the group!

I imagine that the plan for this series was to have each member of the group narrate the book. So it kinda sucks that the 2nd book is also the last, for now. Because it was really enjoyable to read this book, the mystery and the family squabbles!

Really fantastic book, and I can't wait to read more of the series!

Author: Scott Tracey
Series: The Legacy of Moonset #1
Read: February 11th, 2016
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Enjoyed his other series, and it's a LLFL Book, Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2015 Book and a RR Book!
Publisher: Flux
Published: April 8th 2013
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!