Saturday, February 27, 2016

Week 9 Review: Girl Last Seen

From Goodreads:
Kadence Mulligan's star was rising. She and her best friend, Lauren DeSanto, watched their songs go viral on YouTube, then she launched a solo career when a nasty throat infection paralyzed Lauren's vocal chords. Everyone knows Lauren and Kadence had a major falling-out over Kady's boyfriend. But Lauren knows how deceptive Kadence could be sometimes. And nobody believes Lauren when she claims she had nothing to do with the disappearance. Or the blood evidence As the town and local media condemns Lauren, she realizes the only way to clear her name is to discover the truth herself. Lauren slowly unravels the twisted life of Kadence Mulligan and sees that there was more to her than she ever knew. But will she realize she's unknowingly playing a part in an elaborate game to cover up a crime before it's too late?

My Review:
Loved reading this book! I loved the different character POV's, the story of Lauren, Jude, Mason and Kady. They were really different and awesome characters with secrets, from before the book started, and when the book ended. So great!

For me, part of this book became a commentary on the justice system and the media, and how people can be blamed with just bare proof, and without consequences to the accusers. And for Lauren and Jude, who we are pretty sure throughout the book are innocent, but they were attacked pretty viciously by strangers on the internet...yeah. Not a fun situation!

I am really glad that Kady is a made up person. Because if she was real, the world would be just all the more messed up. What she did, what she pretended, what she lied about, how she treated people, that was just horrible!

And that ending! Oh, wow, that was creepy and pretty amazing! I kinda read it before I was halfway done the book, so I knew what was going to happen, but still, reading it in the proper order, that was enough to give me some chills!

Really fantastic book from authors that I've really enjoyed their separate works, and now this collaboration!

Authors: Heather Anastasiu and Anne Greenwood Brown
Read: February 22nd, 2016
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: I love both of these author's writing, and it's a SAC 2015 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: AW Teen
Expected Publication: March 1st 2016
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!