Saturday, February 13, 2016

Week 7 Review: Seven Black Diamonds

From Goodreads:
This riveting fantasy marks Melissa Marr's return to the world of faery courts that made her Wicked Lovely series an international phenomenon.

Lilywhite Abernathy is a criminal—she's half human, half fae, and since the time before she was born, a war has been raging between humans and faeries. The Queen of Blood and Rage, ruler of the fae courts, wants to avenge the tragic death of her heir due to the actions of reckless humans.

Lily's father has always shielded her, but when she's sent to the prestigious St. Columba's school, she's delivered straight into the arms of a fae sleeper cell—the Black Diamonds. The Diamonds are planted in the human world as the sons and daughters of the most influential families and tasked with destroying it from within. Against her will, Lilywhite's been chosen to join them...and even the romantic attention of the fae rock singer Creed Morrison isn't enough to keep Lily from wanting to run back to the familiar world she knows.

Melissa Marr returns to faery in a dramatic story of the precarious space between two worlds and the people who must thrive there. The combination of ethereal fae powers, tumultuous romance, and a bloodthirsty faery queen will have longtime fans and new readers at the edge of their seats.

My Review:
This book was so fantastic and wonderful! I loved Lily, and Creed, and all of the Seven Black Diamonds! They were all so interesting (though a few of the POV's I could've done without, because I just wanted to get to Lily's and Eilidh's, mainly.

This world was really fantastic! From reading the synopsis, I wasn't quite sure if this was a separate series, or a spin off of the Wicked Lovely series, since it's been so long since I read the Wicked Lovely books. But it's a separate series, a separate world, and one that was so fascinating to learn about!

I really enjoyed the Seven Black Diamonds. They had their problems, but they were a group and they had their dynamics (I didn't like Zephyr so much, but that was because he was more on the Queen's side. And pretty much all of the group was with Lily. Lily and Creed were so awesome, Lily and the girls were epic, and we didn't get much time with the rest of the boys.

I kinda guessed Lily's genealogy, because it just made sense, and when it turned out I was right, I did a mental happy dance. Everybody likes being right about things that aren't bad! And then everything happened, and that ending, oh! I can't wait for the next book!

Such a fantastic book, and I can't wait for the sequel! Melissa Marr is such a fantastic author!

Author: Melissa Marr
Series: Seven Black Diamonds #1
Read: February 8th, 2016
Source: Edelweiss
Reason Why: I love her books, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2015 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Harper Collins
Expected Publication: March 1st 2016
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!