Saturday, August 27, 2016

Week 35 Review: Nothing Left to Burn

From Goodreads:
Dear Dad,

I promised Matt I'd do this—become a Junior Cadet. That I wouldn't let you break me down. I know you hate me. Blame me for everything you lost. But that day I lost my brother and my dad. You could never be proud of me, could you? I was too "different." So, just in case you haven't figured it out yet, I'm saying good-bye. Maybe someday you’ll miss me.

Reece

Reece's words make her ache. Amanda understands wanting to belong. As a foster kid, she only feels at home at the firehouse where she volunteers. She wants to help Reece, but his dad is her boss. And she won't risk her place as a Junior Cadet—it’s all that she has. But when a string of arsons points to Amanda's foster brother as the culprit, her whole world is about to go up in flames. And the only way for Amanda and Reece to save each other is to risk getting burned.

My Review:
Oh, this book was just so fantastic! I loved reading about these characters, and this situation! It wasn't easy, but it was just so fantastic to read, and I enjoyed reading it so much, especially after just recently reading Some Boys!

One thing that this book made me do, was appreciate those that are out there, fighting fire. They risk their lives, and they have keep a bunch of pertinent information about fires. It's complicated, and yeah, this book just made me appreciate them!

These characters, oh! They had their stories, and those were deep and personal! I loved reading about them, and their lives! Reece with his dad, and Amanda being a foster kid, these were parts of them. And they affected their romance, and I just loved reading about it!

The mystery! This was a bit of a small town, and yeah, we weren't given a lot of clues-they were kids, and this was out of what they should know. But they were involved, and they did find the bad guy-and yeah, that made it such a great read!

Loved reading this book, it was just so fantastic, and I can't wait to read more by Patty Blount!

Author: Patty Blount
Read: August 25th, 2016
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Sounded really great, and it's a SAC 2016 Book!
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
Published: August 4th 2015
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!