Saturday, August 27, 2016

Week 35 Review: Secrets of the Demon

From Goodreads:
Homicide detective Kara Gillian has a special talent: she can sense the "arcane" in our world, and there's quite a bit of it, even in Beaulac, Louisiana. She's also a summoner of demons, and works on a task force that deals with supernatural crimes. Her partners are attractive and smart FBI agents, but they're not summoners, and they're not telling Kara why they are on this special force with her. 

To make things worse, Kara has pledged herself to one of the most powerful of demons-a Demon Lord-who helped save her partner's life, but now expects things in return. Meanwhile, she's trying to solve a string of murders that are somehow tied together by money, sex, rock music and...mud. But how can she concentrate on the case when she's not even sure who-or what-her partners are? 

My Review:
I loved reading this book! This series has been getting better and better, and I loved watching Kara as she navigated this investigation! So wonderful to read, and being with these characters again was really amazing! They are just so epic!

This book started off with a bang, and then just kept going! There was politics and grabbing. And there was some new arcane developments-the power storing container thing, which means she'll be able to summon whenever, basically!

We also learned about Ryan and Zach, a little bit, because they aren't who they seemed. And how they were connected to this world, well, I'm itching to find out more! Plus, we got a new character, and I can't wait to see more of her!

The ending hurt a little bit, that those two would use her brother like that. Kara made the right choice, and a bit of information came out of that, and I can't wait to see how it's all going to work out! I just want to read more of this series!

This book was utterly fantastic, and I can't wait to read more of this series!

Author: Diana Rowland
Series: Kara Gillian #3
Read: August 21st, 2016
Source: Ebook.bike
Reason Why: Love her books and this series, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2016 Book!
Publisher: Daw Books
Published: January 1st, 2011
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!