Saturday, March 23, 2019

Week 12 Review: In a Badger Way

From Goodreads:
Petite, kind, brilliant, and young, Stevie is nothing like the usual women bodyguard Shen Li is interested in. Even more surprising, the youngest of the lethal, ball-busting, and beautiful MacKilligan sisters is terrified of bears. But she's not terrified of pandas. She loves pandas. 

Which means that whether Shen wants her to or not, she simply won't stop cuddling him. He isn't some stuffed Giant Panda, ya know! He is a Giant Panda shifter. He deserves respect and personal space. Something that little hybrid is completely ignoring.

But Stevie has a way of finding trouble. Like going undercover to take down a scientist experimenting on other shifters. For what, Shen doesn't want to know, but they'd better find out. And fast. Stevie might be the least violent of the honey badger sisters, but she's the most dangerous to Shen's peace of mind. Because she has absolutely no idea how much trouble they're in . . . or just how damn adorable she is.

My Review:
This book was so freaking hilarious! I loved the first book, and yeah, I was really looking forward to reading this book. And it didn't disappoint, I really enjoyed Stevie and Shen, they were a great couple, thought they were unconventional.

I'm planning on reading the prequel series. I really think I have to, because from skimming the synopsis' of those books, those characters are showing up in this series, and with everything that's going on, it is a little confusing.

There were a few things going on. There's Stevie's ex who is though to be doing evil experiments on other shifters. There's Stevie's anxiety and lack of control over her shifted self and thus wanting to get rid of that self. And there's a death in the family, which means the Irish side of the MacKilligans as well as the girls' dad. So much going on!

I really enjoyed the relationship she and Shen have. Like, she just tells him that they're dating, and that's it. It's pretty hilarious! And as he's a panda, the most adorable of bears and thus won't eat her, he doesn't make her panic, and he calms her down. I really enjoyed them together!

Loved reading this book, and I can't wait to read more of this series!

Author: Shelly Laurenston
Series: Honey Badger Chronicles #2
Read: March 22nd, 2019
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Loved the first book, it was hilarious, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2019 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Kensington
Expected Publication: March 26th 2019
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!