Saturday, March 23, 2019

Week 12 Review: Storm and Fury

From Goodreads:
Enter a world of gargoyle protectors, rising demons and one girl with an explosive secret. 

Eighteen-year-old Trinity Marrow may be going blind, but she can see and communicate with ghosts and spirits. Her unique gift is part of a secret so dangerous that she's been in hiding for years in an isolated compound fiercely guarded by Wardens—gargoyle shape-shifters who protect humankind from demons. If the demons discover the truth about Trinity, they'll devour her, flesh and bone, to enhance their own powers.

When Wardens from another clan arrive with disturbing reports that something out there is killing both demons and Wardens, Trinity's safe world implodes. Not the least because one of the outsiders is the most annoying and fascinating person she's ever met. Zayne has secrets of his own that will upend her world yet again—but working together becomes imperative once demons breach the compound and Trinity's secret comes to light. To save her family and maybe the world, she'll have to put her trust in Zayne. But all bets are off as a supernatural war is unleashed… 

My Review:
Man, did I love this book! It's been a while since the Dark Elements series was published, and to get to spend more time in this world, yeah, it's just awesome! I loved getting to explore more, learn more! It was just so great!

It was interesting to have Trinity as a narrator, because she's a new character to us, in a world that is familiar, as well as old friends like Zayne. She had a different take on the world, because her secret, her abilities, yeah, it's something we haven't seen before in this world, and I can't wait to explore it further!

There were two main threats to this world. Whomever was doing the killing, and whoever came into her home. Most of the focus was on the later, but the former is going to be important to the future, I just know it!

That ending, I kinda guessed that one twist. It was heartbreaking, and the fall out from it is going to be multilayered, but it's conflict that I can't wait to read about! I can't wait to get back with these characters to face the future threats!

This book was just utterly fantastic and I can't wait for the sequel!

Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Series: The Harbinger #1
Read: March 22nd, 2019
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Love her writing and the first series, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2019 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Inkyard Press
Expected Publication: June 11th 2019
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!