Saturday, March 9, 2019

Week 10 Review: The Bone Witch, The Heart Forger, The Shadowglass



From Goodreads:
In the captivating start to a new, darkly lyrical fantasy series for readers of Leigh Bardugo and Sabaa Tahir, Tea can raise the dead, but resurrection comes at a price...

Let me be clear: I never intended to raise my brother from his grave, though he may claim otherwise. If there's anything I've learned from him in the years since, it's that the dead hide truths as well as the living.

When Tea accidentally resurrects her brother from the dead, she learns she is different from the other witches in her family. Her gift for necromancy means that she's a bone witch, a title that makes her feared and ostracized by her community. But Tea finds solace and guidance with an older, wiser bone witch, who takes Tea and her brother to another land for training.

In her new home, Tea puts all her energy into becoming an asha-one who can wield elemental magic. But dark forces are approaching quickly, and in the face of danger, Tea will have to overcome her obstacles...and make a powerful choice. 

From Goodreads:
In The Bone Witch, Tea mastered resurrection-now she's after revenge...

No one knows death like Tea. A bone witch who can resurrect the dead, she has the power to take life...and return it. And she is done with her self-imposed exile. Her heart is set on vengeance, and she now possesses all she needs to command the mighty daeva. With the help of these terrifying beasts, she can finally enact revenge against the royals who wronged her-and took the life of her one true love.

But there are those who plot against her, those who would use Tea's dark power for their own nefarious ends. Because you can't kill someone who can never die...

War is brewing among the kingdoms, and when dark magic is at play, no one is safe. 

In the highly anticipated finale to the Bone Witch trilogy, Tea’s life—and the fate of the kingdoms—hangs in the balance 

Tea is a bone witch with the dark magic needed to raise the dead. She has used this magic to breathe life into those she has loved and lost…and those who would join her army against the deceitful royals. But Tea's quest to conjure a shadowglass—to achieve immortality for the one person she loves most in the world—threatens to consume her heart.

Tea's black heartsglass only grows darker with each new betrayal. And when she is left with new blood on her hands, Tea must answer to a power greater than the elder asha or even her conscience...

My first review of The Bone Witch, The Heart Forger
My Review:
Oh, man, I loved reading this series so much! It's so freaking great, I love the world and the characters, just everything about these books! And I'm so glad that I went back and read the first two books, because of the way this story is told. It wouldn't have been the epic fest that it was without having the first two books fresh in my mind!

If I hadn't reread the first two books, I wouldn't have known about the foreshadow of Daisy's death, of what her name was, and that dying early was common and that fit her name. I'd forgotten that, so reading it, and then reading Shadowglass, was a great reading experience!

The Shadowglass had two things that I didn't know I needed. It revealed who the bard was, which while not vitally important, was a detail was was part of Tea's pretty masterful planning. The other was the blight. We had those characters in The Heart Forger, but that was Tea with the black heartstone, not with the silver.

Each book kinda deals with one Faceless. The Bone Witch, Aenah. Then Usij in The Heart Forger, and finally Druj in The Shadowglass. And each time, they've been hiding in plain sight. I loved how complicated Tea's plan was, that revealed and defeated the final two!

I am a bit confused with that ending, I would've thought that there would've been a process to create the Shadowglass from the light and dark one, but apparently just having both was enough? But yeah, that ending was at times revealing, emotional, and overall so amazing to read!

Loved reading these books so much, they were so great, and I need to read more by Rin Chupeco!

Author: Rin Chupeco
Series: The Bone Witch #1, 2, 3
First Read: February 26th, 2017, March 20th, 2018
Read: March 6th, 7th, 7th, 2019
Source: Ebook.bike
Reason Why: Rereading for the final book coming out, and they're Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2019 Books, and The Shadowglass is a End of Series 2019 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
Published: March 7th 2017, March 20th 2018, March 5th 2019

The Bone Witch:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars









The Heart Forger:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars









The Shadowglass:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!