Saturday, March 30, 2019

Week 13 Review: The Dragon Throne

From Goodreads:
Whispers of war become a battle cry in this epic series finale. 

Invasion is imminent. Skirmishes have erupted all across Alveria's borders, but the lingering effects of the sickness have left the dragon guard weakened. Unprepared for a strike at the heart of the kingdom, difficult alliances must now be made to protect them all. 

Circumstances at the Akademy are no better. Kaelan Younger's attempts to learn more about her renegade father and the Terra dragon fighting for the enemy are complicated by tapestries that refuse to reveal their secrets. And when the queen's efforts to stop the war involve Prince Lasaro, Kaelan is forced to confront the growing feelings she has for her dragon. 

Their only hope to stem the tide of war is to find the long-forgotten Standing Stones and harness its ancient power. It is there that Kaelan and Lasaro's love will face the greatest test. 

And one will make the ultimate sacrifice. 

My Review:
Yeah, this was a fantastic ending to this series! I really enjoyed it, we learned more about this world and these characters, and there was a really satisfying ending for all the plot threads! It all came together for a really excellent book!

It was really fantastic to read this book right after reading the 2nd, because the details were fresh in my mind. Like my idea on how the situation with the prophecy would resolve. Which I was right on, which was a pretty fantastic feeling!

Mordon kept telling Kaelan that she was a full dragon, though she didn't believe him. But with some pretty important stones, she was more open to the idea. And they also told her more about her father and his history, which turned out to be pretty important!

There were a lot of harrowing moments in this book, from the mysterious attacking dragon to the final confrontation. It all came together and worked out pretty well in the end in a way that was really fantastic to read!

I enjoyed this book so much, it was a great read and I'm glad that I read it!

Author: Ava Richardson
Series: Alveria Dragon Akademy #3
Read: March 23rd, 2019
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Really enjoying the series, and it's a End of Series 2019 Book and a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2019 Book!
Published: February 27th 2019
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!