Saturday, April 6, 2013

Week 14 Review: 172 Hours on the Moon

From Goodreads:
It's been decades since anyone set foot on the moon. Now three ordinary teenagers, the winners of NASA's unprecedented, worldwide lottery, are about to become the first young people in space--and change their lives forever.

Mia, from Norway, hopes this will be her punk band's ticket to fame and fortune.

Midori believes it's her way out of her restrained life in Japan.

Antoine, from France, just wants to get as far away from his ex-girlfriend as possible.

It's the opportunity of a lifetime, but little do the teenagers know that something sinister is waiting for them on the desolate surface of the moon. And in the black vacuum of space... no one is coming to save them.

In this chilling adventure set in the most brutal landscape known to man, highly acclaimed Norwegian novelist Johan Harstad creates a vivid and frightening world of possibilities we can only hope ever come true.

My Review:
This was such a creepy, awesome book! I loved it so much! It sucks that the space program, the moon, while the idea of this trip is fantastic, well, the moon really isn't that important anymore. And how I think the real life space program was slowing down for a while there, but now is kinda coming back. Which is cool!

I loved having these characters from a variety of places. Norway, France and Japan, they're not the US, so yeah, that's really fantastic. Though I found Antoine's reason for going, getting as far away from his girlfriend, to be a pretty sad reason for a pretty special trip!

I would love to go to the moon. It would be an incredible experience, a one of a kind one, that even if you got the extremely lucky chance to go again, it wouldn't be the same. But I would hope that what happened in this book, wouldn't happen in real life!

Because yeah, that was really horrible and creepy, you know something was happening, and then that ending, it's like, what happened? And how whatever it was, infected all of them, when we thought at least one got clear, and then they went back to earth, to infect everyone else...yeah.

That ending, so perfect for this book, was really great! And I just really enjoyed this book!

Author: Johan Harstad
Read: March 31st, 2013
Source: Library
Reason Why: It sounded interesting, and it's a SAC 2013 Book!
Publisher: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
Published: April 17th 2012
4/5 Hearts
2/5 Books
2.5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!