Saturday, April 20, 2013

Week 16 Review: Flirting With Maybe

From Goodreads:
He was fifteen and she was seventeen. 

When sophomore Ryan "The Kid" McPhearson makes the Varsity baseball team, he finds himself submersed into the life of upperclassmen, and falling in love with senior Brooke Bennet. To Ryan she's his dream girl, perfect. Maybe to the outside world a two-year age difference doesn't matter, but this is high school. Everything matters. 

Ryan soon realizes Brooke's life is not so perfect. He becomes her closest friend, her safe place to fall when she needs to escape. Ryan seems to be benched in the friend zone with no chance to bat.

Time is both a curse and a blessing. It ushers Brooke away to college, and Ryan into the arms of his first girlfriend. It alters Ryan from a kid to a high school graduate, ready to venture to college himself. But when Ryan sees Brooke again he realizes there are some things even time can't touch.

Though much has changed, one question still remains. Will the things that mattered in high school always stand between them?

My Review:
This was really different from the rest of Wendy Higgins' published books. For one thing, it's a novella, not a full length book. For another, it's a contemporary, instead of a paranormal. And yeah, the difference was a change, and I enjoyed it, I just love a variety of things, it's what I love about YA

I loved the relationship between Ryan and Brooke. He's had a crush on her, and inches his way into her life, in a non-stalker/creeper way, and yeah, it's like she can't see him clearly. She is going through a lot of hardship, though!

I cared about these characters, that's how well written both the characters, and the emotions they felt, were to me! And that's not something that happens often with me. So yeah, all of that feely stuff, made for a fantastic story!

And the epilogue on the author's website? So cute! Loved it! Though I wish that it had been in the book itself, well, it's there, so I'm just thankful that we got it at all! It made reading it all the more worth it! So great!

I just really enjoyed this novella so much, it was really great!

Author: Wendy Higgins
Read: April 13th, 2013
Source: Tuebl
Reason Why: I loved Sweet Evil and Sweet Peril, and it's a SAC 2013 Book!
Publisher: Harper Teen Impulse
Published: March 5th 2013
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
3/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!