Saturday, April 6, 2013

Week 14 Reviews: Inescapable, Intuition, Indebted, Incendiary




From Goodreads:
My name is Evie Claremont and this was to be the making of me--my freshman year of college. I had been hoping that once I had arrived on Crestwood's campus, the nightmare that I've been having would go away. It hasn't.

I may be an inexperienced seventeen-year-old, but I'm grounded...sane. Since meeting sophomore Reed Wellington, however, nothing makes any sense. Whenever he is near, I feel an attraction to him--a magnetic kind of force pulling me towards him. I know what you're thinking...that sounds fairly awesome. Yeah, it would--if he liked me, but Reed acts as if I'm the worst thing that's ever happened to Crestwood...or him. But, get this, for some reason every time I turn around he's there, barging into my life.

What is the secret he is keeping from me? I'm hoping that it is anything but what I expect: that he is not exactly normal...and neither am I. So maybe Crestwood won't be the making of me, but it could be the breaking of me. I have been left to wonder if the dark future my dream is foretelling is...inescapable.

From Goodreads:
I don't open my eyes so I can't see him, but I can smell him. He thickens the air I breathe, choking me with his scent…his aroma. I shiver. I have to resist. If I’m not strong, then I will be relegated to the same fate as this predator whose sickness infects me even now. But now, I crave him and he knows that; he has been counting on my need to end the gnawing pain. How he would savor my surrender. I'm alive, but how much longer will it take until I beg him not to be?

From Goodreads:
I hang my head in sorrow for just a moment when I know I am truly alone. I feel like I’m going to my execution, just as he had said. Then I move forward again. I hop a fence of fieldstone and cross a field dotted with Queen Anne's lace. Goose bumps rise on my arms as I pass the cluster of windmills that I have seen in a dream. The scent is sweet in the field though, not the scent of heat, like it had been when it was forced upon me in visions. I gaze down the hill, beyond the small, whitewashed house that I knew would be there. The church looms dark and grim with its rough-hewn, timber façade, capped by tall, oblong spires reaching to the sky. Black, ominous clouds have collected above the roofline, as if Heaven is showing me the way.

From Goodreads:
Cold, fine drops of rain fall softly on my cheeks as I emerge from the darkness of the ship's interior to the gray, overcast sky of the main deck. Pulling my dark pea coat tighter to my body, the wind lifts red tendrils of my hair. I walk slowly to the railing overlooking the water.

I catch my first sight of the Irish coastline; its craggy landscape makes me shiver in dread. I find it difficult to imagine now how the Gancanagh had made this their home for so long without anyone realizing it. The cold, moss-covered edifices practically scream their presence. As I study the shadows between the falling-down stone, I imagine creeping shapes of undead Faeries grasping the rock, waiting for our ship to draw nearer to their position.

Tipping my face up, I let the rain wash over me. It bathes away the frigid sweat of fear that has broken on my brow. "You don't know how fiercely beautiful you are, do you?" A quiet voice behind me asks, causing me to stiffen and fix my eyes on the rocks along the shoreline.

My Review
:
Man, I'm so glad that my aunt recommended this series! Though I wish she'd done it just a little bit later, so the wait for the next book wouldn't be so long, because as it is, it's going to be torture! Because I just want more of this world!

This world, of angels, and everything that was going on, like the love. Because there the thing between her and Reed. Then another guy. And another. And then a girl for the second guy. And then yet another guy for her. Yeah. That's just over the course of these 4 books, I wonder what's going to happen next!

For me, the first two books were about discovering this world. Then the next two books were when everything started to go crazy! Sure, there were lots of discovering through the whole series, and lots of crazy, but each half of the current series have those elements more then the other!

So basically, at the beginning, I was hesitant about this series. Then I got into it, and then was done reading these books the next day. There was so much going on, getting increasingly complicated and hard to deal with, lots of twists, and so enjoyable to read!

And oh, that cliffhanger! I need the next book now! I know it's going to be just as fantastic!

Author: Amy A. Bartol
Series: The Premonition #1, 2, 3, 4
Read: April 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 2013
Source: Tuebl
Reason Why: My Aunt recommended them, and they're Sequel Challenge 2013 Books!
Publisher: CreateSpace
Published: August 8th 2011, December 22nd 2011, April 16th 2012, November 28th 2012

Inescapable:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars









Intuition:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars









Indebted:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars













Incendiary:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!