Saturday, July 6, 2013

Week 27 Review: Pretty Dark Nothing


From Goodreads:
It's been twenty three days since Quinn has slept for more than minutes at a time. Demons have invaded her dreams, stalking her, and whispering of her death. The lack of sleep and crippling fear are ruining her life. Energy drinks and caffeine pills don't make a dent. When Quinn dozes off in the school hallway, Aaron, an amnesiac with a psychic ability, accidentally enters her nightmare. The demons are determined to keep them apart, and Aaron from discovering the secret locked away in his memory. Together, they could banish the darkness back to the underworld for good. That is, unless the demons kill them first.

My Review:
I couldn't imagine going that long without sleep. Me, who has a hard time getting going at 8 in the morning half the time. But Quinn's gone 23 days. With very little sleep. Which, the reason why, sucks a lot!

Demons are the quintessential bad guys. They're evil incarnate, and to have them go after a girl's nightmares, well, makes you think that this girl might just be special. And then there's Aaron, who can help her-and who the demons want kept away from her, for a reason.

Quinn did get on my nerves a bit. But that's not her fault, she was sleep deprived. It's just that, as someone who hasn't been missing out on sleep, that I could see her mistakes, pretty much when she made them, because my head was working clearer!

When we found out more about the connection between Quinn and Aaron? Well, I thought that there was something important to the 18 month thing, and the "he's left you" thing! And it was really great to be right!

What a great book, and since it's a series, we'll be getting more, yeah! I can't wait!

Author: Heather L. Reid
Series: Pretty Dark Nothing #1
Read: July 3rd, 2013
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: It sounded good! And it's a DAC Book!
Publisher: Month9Books
Published: April 23rd 2013
5/5 Hearts
3/5 Books
2/5 Stars




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!