Saturday, July 13, 2013

Week 28 Review: The Good, The Bad, and The Undead

From Goodreads:
Rachel Morgan, sexy witch, independent bounty hunter, prowls the downtown Cincinnati for criminal creatures of the night. She can handle leather-clad vamps and a cunning demon or two. But a serial killer who feeds on the experts in the most dangerous kind of black magic is an ancient, implacable evil that threatens her very soul.

My Review:
This was an amazing book, and it's making me wish that I'd read Dead Witch Walking a bit sooner then I did, because yeah, I just devoured this book! Things happen, things get bad, and then things maybe get good, and yeah, it ended on a pretty nice note!

We learn a lot in this book! Like more about ley line magic, the time line for when the various Inderlander races moved out of the Ever After (Witches 5000 years, Elves 2000) and I'm pretty sure that's going to be important later on, and about familiars, especially since Rachel accidentally makes Nick her familiar!

The Sara Jane thing, I wish that Trent hadn't used her like that, because a) it messed with my head, and b) helped insert himself into an investigation that he'd be better off if he'd stop looking for a ley line witch, but yeah, who ever really does the smart thing? Well, besides hiring Rachel, and then he wanted confirmation, which when her family is put on the line, Rachel gets!

The deal with Al, that was some pretty quick thinking! And since she lived through it, that's always a plus, I know something bad is going to happen because of it, but for now, she's alive, the bad guy is going to jail, and she has a pretty big chunk of change in her wallet!

Yeah, this was a really fantastic book, and I'm still loving this world, these characters, and I know there's so much more to explore-there wouldn't be a 12 book series at least plus short stories if there wasn't interest, would there? So yeah, I can't wait to get to that!

Author: Kim Harrison
Series: The Hollows #2
Read: July 10th, 2013
Source: Tuebl
Reason Why: Because I started this series, and it was awesome and I want to keep reading it! And it's a Sequel Challenge 2013 Book!
Publisher: HarperTorch
Published: January 25th 2005
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!