Saturday, July 13, 2013

Week 28 Review: Ransom My Heart

From Goodreads:
He's a tall, handsome knight with a secret. She's an adventurous beauty with more than a few secrets of her own. Finnula needs money for her sister's dowry, and fast. Hugo Fitzstephen, returning home to England from the Crusades with saddlebags of jewels, has money, and lots of it. What could be simpler than to kidnap him and hold him for ransom?

Well, for starters, Finnula could make the terrible mistake of falling in love with her hostage.

My Review:
This was such a fantastic book! I'd forgotten that Finnula had been married to his dad, and that he'd died the night of their wedding, and the role his squire played in what his cousin was doing, but in the end, it was just really well wrapped up!

So the whole thing of ransoming, because of her sister's pregnancy, for money, just proves what a good sister she is! And yeah, while falling in love with her prisoner isn't the best idea, it worked out well from them!

His cousin was just evil. And I felt bad for his squire, falling in love with Isabelle, and then having to deal with that, and yeah, he just made wrong choices in trying to kill Hugo! Not nice at all! And that all this murder stuff messes up Finn and Hugo, as well as her brother's engagement, just not nice!

That ending, when friends of Hugo come, and are all very nice, but a bit rude, and how they treat Finnula, well, yeah, it was really fantastic when Hugo comes in, and says, "I see you've met my wife." And it just ends, and I want more, but it's just such a great ending!

I just loved this book, it was just fantastic! I almost wish for more, but this book is just so great on it's own!

Author: Mia Thermopolis AKA Meg Cabot
First Read: July 2009
Read: July 9th, 2013
Source: Own
Reason Why: Rereading! And it's a Historical Fiction 2013 Book and a SAC 2013 Book!
Publisher: William Morrow Paperbacks
Published: January 6th 2009
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!