Saturday, September 7, 2013

Week 36 Review: Retribution

From Goodreads:
Harm no human...

A hired gunslinger, William Jessup Brady lived his life with one foot in the grave. He believed that every life had a price. Until the day when he finally found a reason to live. In one single act of brutal betrayal, he lost everything, including his life. Brought back by a Greek goddess to be one of her Dark-Hunters, he gave his immortal soul for vengeance and swore he'd spend eternity protecting the humans he'd once considered prey.

Orphaned as a toddler, Abigail Yager was taken in by a family of vampires and raised on one belief - Dark-Hunters are the evil who prey on both their people and mankind, and they must all be destroyed. While protecting her adoptive race, she has spent her life eliminating the Dark-Hunters and training for the day when she meeting the man who killed her family: Jess Brady.

A gun in the hand is worth two in the holster....

Jess has been charged with finding and terminating the creature who's assassinating Dark-Hunters. The last thing he expects to find is a human face behind the killings, but when that face bears a striking resemblance to the one who murdered him centuries ago, he knows something evil is going on. He also knows he's not the one who killed her parents. But Abigail refuses to believe the truth and is determined to see him dead once and for all.

Brought together by an angry god and chased by ancient enemies out to kill them both, they must find a way to overcome their mutual hatred or watch as one of the darkest of powers rises and kills both the races they've sworn to protect.

My first review of Retribution
My Review:
Oh, I really enjoyed rereading this book! I'd forgotten most of what had happened in it, just that there was a lot of complications for them to get to the final battle, and yeah, I just wanted to read more of it! It's a Sherrilyn Kenyon book!

I loved that there was all this reincarnation, which just added so much more to this book! I know that there's more to come, with Ren's book next, which is connected very closely to this one, seeing as Ren has that same history, and was partially the bad guy! I just can't wait for that!

The whole complication that Abigail's family being killed by someone who wore Jess's face, well, yeah, that added some complication to their romance! And it was just excellent to read that! I absolutely loved that!

It was really great how things wrapped up, because they're happy, and while it's a bit unconventional, well, it works for them, and that's just really great! I was glad that they got that ending! It was just perfect for them!

And then I just absolutely loved the bonus scene of Bas' birth, because it's Ash and Tory's first baby! And just so cute! I just absolutely loved that, getting a quick peek at what their lives are like now! So excellent!

Such a fantastic book, and now to reread more!

Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
Series: Dark Hunter #19, Were-Hunter #7
First Read: October 8th, 2011
Read: September 1st, 2013
Source: Own
Reason Why: Rereading! And it's a Sequel Challenge 2013 Book!
Publisher: St. Martin's Press
Published: August 2nd 2011
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!