Saturday, September 28, 2013

Week 39 Review: Stray

From Goodreads:
There are only eight breeding female werecats left . . .And I'm one of them.

I look like an all-American grad student. But I am a werecat, a shape-shifter, and I live in two worlds.

Despite reservations from my family and my Pride, I escaped the pressure to continue my species and carved out a normal life for myself. Until the night a Stray attacked.

I'd been warned about Strays -- werecats without a Pride, constantly on the lookout for someone like me: attractive, female, and fertile. I fought him off, but then learned two of my fellow tabbies had disappeared.

This brush with danger was all my Pride needed to summon me back . . . for my own protection. Yeah, right. But I'm no meek kitty. I'll take on whatever -- and whoever -- I have to in order to find my friends. Watch out, Strays -- 'cause I got claws, and I'm not afraid to use them . . .

My first review of Stray
My Review:
Ah, I loved rereading this book so much! It has been a while since I read it the first time, so yeah, the little details were gone, but the broad strokes weren't, so I had a foundation to lay my re-found knowledge on!

Just loved to get to know these characters again, it was just so great! And their relationships! Just so awesome! The back and forth between her and Marc, and their history, yeah, some not so good history, but also some good history! Though the bad history is more recent!

So the idea that guys would kidnap girls because girls are the only ones that can continue the family, yeah. That's just wrong! So yeah, Faythe just gives them exactly what they deserve, at least, some of them. It just kinda sucks that one of said bad guys is her brother, who was roped in, and unwilling, but still cooperating!

Yeah, when Faythe breaks out, then goes to help the upcoming kidnap victim, yeah, that just shows how strong, and how stubborn she is! So great, really enjoyed that, and getting her, and some of the other victim's families getting some revenge!

Enjoyed this book so thoroughly, and I can't wait to reread more!

Author: Rachel Vincent
Series: Shifters #1
First Read: November 16th, 2011
Read: September 27th, 2013
Source: Own
Reason Why: Rereading!!!
Publisher: Mira
Published: January 1st 2007
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!