Saturday, September 14, 2013

Week 37 Review: Personal Demons

From Goodreads:
Tabloid reporter Hope Adams appears to live the life of an ordinary working girl. But in addition to possessing the beauty of a Bolly-wood princess, Hope has other unique traits. For she is a half demon- a human fathered by a demon. And she's inherited not only a gift for seeing the past but a hunter for chaos- along with a talent for finding it wherever she can. Naturally, when she's chosen by a very dangerous group for a very dangerous mission, she jumps at the chance...

The head of the powerful Cortez Cabal- a family that makes the mob look like amateurs- has a little problem in Miami: a gang of wealthy, bored offspring of supernaturals is getting out of hand, and Hope is needed to infiltrated. As spells, astral projections, and pheromones soar across South Beach, Hope weaves her way through its elite hot spots, posing as upscale eye candy and reading the auras of the clientele- and potential marks.

My Review:
I knew basically what was going to happen, with the shapeshifter guy that was an upgrade model, basically, of the guy that died in Stolen, but I forgot his name, and I had forgotten how close Hope had gotten to him, how close she had been to choosing to be with him instead of Karl.

I just enjoyed Hope and Karl's interactions just so cute! I mean, I know that they end up together with a baby, but that's a few books off, and this is just after a book and a half of their story, so yeah, things are happening, and are complicated with Hope helping out the Cortez Cabal.

Yeah, when the brother's died, and Lucas's dad almost dies, well, that was a bit hard to read. They weren't particularly likeable, but they were people, and they had people who loved them who will mourn them. And it added extra pressure on Lucas about inheriting his dad's job!

I'm glad that he was locked up. It's not going to last forever, but yeah, he was just that bit of crazy, and obsessed with Hope, and just smart and skilled enough to be dangerous to those characters that we don't want danger to come to. So yeah, that was good!

This was just such a great book, and yeah, I enjoyed it so much! I can't wait to reread more!

Author: Kelley Armstrong
Series: Women of the Otherworld #8
Read: September 13th, 2013
Source: Own
Reason Why: Rereading! And it's a Sequel Challenge 2013 Book!
Publisher: Spectra
Published: January 1st 2008
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!