Saturday, September 28, 2013

Week 39 Review: Infatuate

From Goodreads:
Haven Terra is still recovering from an internship that brought her literally to the brink of hell when a trip to New Orleans leads to more trouble. Graduating early from high school leaves the spring semester free, so Haven and her friends Dante and Lance head to the Big Easy to volunteer with community service projects. But their true mission becomes clear when they run across an enclave of devils known as the Krewe. New Orleans is a free-for-all for these shape-shifting devils, who are more reckless and vicious than any Haven, Lance, and Dante have encountered. And they soon discover their French Quarter housemates are also angels-in-training, and together they must face off with the Krewe in their quest for wings. But Haven’s resolve is tested when Lucian, the repentant devil with whom she was infatuated, resurfaces and asks her for help escaping the underworld. Can he be trusted? Or will aiding him cost Haven her angel wings—and her life? Thrilling, romantic, and full of surprises, this gripping sequel to Illuminate takes the battle of good and evil to the next level.

My Review:
I enjoyed this book a lot! It has been a while since I read Illuminate, but I remembered the ending pretty well, and this book was such an excellent sequel! It was really great being with these characters, and the world expanded, bit by bit!

I'll be honest, I don't like Lucian. He might've been the love interest, but he's the bad guy, and after the end of Illuminate, it seemed that there was a new love interest. And that possibility, if felt wrecked that Haven would consider helping Lucian.

Going to New Orleans, that was really awesome. I've never been there-and I probably never will, considering my finances-but books like these take me there in spirit, and that was really great! And that we get to read about other angels-in-training was really great!

I wasn't expecting that ending at all! It was really fantastic and interesting, and just full of twists! Overall, this book was much better then the first one, tighter writing, and a smooth and steady pace of increasing the tension and there was never a dull moment! And the ending used all of that! So good!

I enjoyed this book so much, and now I really want the 3rd (and probably final) book now!

Author: Aimee Agresti
Series: Gilded Wings #2
Read: September 24th, 2013
Source: Tuebl/NetGalley
Reason Why: Loved book 1, and it's a Sequel Challenge 2013 Book!
Publisher: Harcourt Children's Books
Published: March 5th 2013
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!