Saturday, October 11, 2014

Week 41 Review: Angel Burn

From Goodreads:
In a world where angels are beyond redemption, Alex thinks he's found one that might deserve mercy. 

Alex is a ruthless assassin—of angels. Forget everything you've heard about them before. Angels are not benign celestial creatures, but fierce stalkers whose irresistible force allows them to feed off humans, draining them of their vitality until there is barely anything left. As far as Alex is concerned, the only good angel is a dead angel... until he meets Willow. 

She may look like a normal teenager but Willow is no ordinary girl. Half-angel, half-human, Willow may hold the key to defeating the evil angels. But as the hunter and the hunted embark on an epic and dangerous journey and Willow learns the dark and terrifying secrets of her past, Alex finds himself drawn to Willow... with devastating consequences.

My first review of Angel Burn
My Review:
This was such a great book to reread! I mean, it's been so long since I read it, and the sequel, that I had pretty much forgotten the details, like Willow being a psychic, and Raziel was her dad, but just reading like, half, those details came back. Not how it ended, exactly, but most of the others!

I really enjoyed Willow and Alex's relationship. Though it did come on a bit fast, and the I love you feeling, I almost didn't get, it was there, and yeah, that was just great! I mean, well, they're supposed to be enemies-he was sent to kill her-but yeah, they work things out pretty well!

And yeah, while I enjoyed this book, it's left me feeling, well, nothing really. Just kinda empty, which is why it's getting hard to find words to write this review, which is annoying, which might make further on review not as nice as I want it, though I'll try!

That ending, I have a question. Why didn't it work? I mean, she was touching it with her human body, and her angel form activated it, and it made a pulse of energy, and it closed for a bit, and then opened up. So yeah, something went on there, and I want to know what!

Yeah, it was a pretty good book, and now I'll be reading the later 2 thirds of the trilogy!

Author: L.A. Weatherly
Series: Angel #1
First Read: May 12th-16th, 2012
Read: October 9th, 2014
Source: Tuebl
Reason Why: Rereading! And it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2014 Book!
Publisher: Candlewax Press
Published: September 30th 2010
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4.5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!