Saturday, October 11, 2014

Week 41 Review: A Fistful of Charms

From Goodreads:
Cincinnati witch and bounty hunter Rachel Morgan is confronted by Nick, mortal lover who abandoned her. Savage beasts covet what he possesses, and may destroy the Hollows. While keeping a low profile to avoid eternal wrath of a vengeful demon, she must act quickly. The pack gathers for the first time in millennia to ravage and to rule.

My first review of A Fistful of Charms
My Review:
I have to say, of the whole series, this one is one of the bottom ones, for me. And for 2 simple reasons One, there's no Trent. Two, there's no Al. And those are just 2 characters that I love and enjoy, and while this book has a lot of great qualities-like Rachel using demon curses for the first time, and wereing, it still doesn't have those 2. Don't get me wrong, I loved this book, I loved the whole series. But I love the ones with Trent, and Al, more!

So these are just my personal feelings, and definitions, but whore, to me, is a mean, derogative term for prostitute, someone who sells sex with their bodies. Ivy is not a whore. She is someone who is very sexual by her very nature, and sometimes, when she's had a hard day, not picky about how she gets what she needs, and what she wants.

And sex is not love, you can have one without the other, on both sides, because one is a physical act, the other is an emotion, and it's almost the same thing that there's a difference between blood and sex. But the former, it's easy for everyone to see the difference, besides Ivy, apparently, though the other is harder, mostly for living vampires, like Ivy. There's nothing really wrong with Ivy!

So yeah, I relearned things about this world, that vampires have blood as a conduit to get the aura, that the focus could cause a were-vampire war, and things like that! And that she has to accept the impalance, and that it hurt at first, but then she got used to it! Oh, and the running joke in this book, the sexual games of Rachel, Jenks, "Lexia" AKA Ivy, and "Tom" AKA Nick. So much fun! Can't wait to reread more!

Favourite lines: "Every earth spell on the market, whether used by human, vampire, or Were, was made by a witch. Without us, their little political wars would be fought with sticks, stones, and nasty words." This is just awesome! Though what about pixys? It's been stated, I think, that pixes could run the world...yeah. "Ah, Rachel and I are lovers with a thing for foursomes and pudding. Apparently she thinks you and nick are Lexia and Tom. You're allergic to butterscotch, and crap for brains likes pistachio." This is just hilarious, and just as great as when they created it with some comments! "

Yeah, while it's not my top favourite Hollows book, it is still a Hollows book, which means that it's excellent, and yeah, I can't wait to reread more!!!

Author: Kim Harrison
Series: The Hollows #4
First Read: July 20th, 2013
Read: October 6th, 2014
Source: Own
Reason Why: Rereading! And it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2014 Book!
Publisher: HarperTorch
Published: June 27th 2005
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!