Saturday, June 18, 2016

Week 25 Review: The Long Game

From Goodreads:
Tess Kendrick, teen fixer extraordinaire, returns in a pulse-pounding thriller about a deadly conspiracy at the heart of Washington.

For Tess Kendrick, a junior at the elite Hardwicke School in Washington D.C., fixing runs in the family. But Tess has another legacy, too, one that involves power and the making of political dynasties. When Tess is asked to run a classmate's campaign for student council, she agrees. But when the candidates are children of politicians, even a high school election can involve life-shattering secrets.

Meanwhile, Tess's guardian has also taken on an impossible case, as a terrorist attack calls into doubt who can--and cannot--be trusted on Capitol Hill. Tess knows better than most that power is currency in D.C., but she's about to discover first-hand that power always comes with a price.

Perfect for fans of Harlan Coben and Ally Carter, the second book in this thrilling series will leave readers breathless.

My Review:
I just loved reading this book! I was meaning to read it in another two weeks, or that so the review would post on the 2nd. But I got this book, and I just couldn't help myself, I had to read it! I was just sucked in and just devoured it!

Where things left off in the first book, she was suspecting her grandfather as the 4th member of the whole conspiracy.  This book doesn't end with that thought-because she found out who actually was the 4th member.

There was a lot going on. There was the president's son coming in with his girlfriend being a terrorist-and that she'd been with him because of who he was. And that she became pregnant? Oh, and that he wasn't the president's son, but her grandfathers. Which means that the baby is Tess's cousin. Yeah.

There was the presidential campaigns-those of the students and those of the government. And how those were all derailed by the president of the United States being shot. Oh, and a student being killed and Tess finding him while he was dying. And the whole terrorists taking over the school thing. That was pretty violent! And Henry, oh! That hurt!

So many twists and turns and revelations, and yeah, I need a 3rd book, I need more of these characters!

Author: Jennifer Lynn Barnes
Series: The Fixer #2
Read: June 16th, 2016
Source: Tuebl
Reason Why: Love her books! And it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2016 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Bloomsbury USA Childrens
Published: June 7th 2016
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!