Saturday, June 4, 2016

Week 23 Review: Sworn to Vengeance

From Goodreads:
Ciardis Weathervane is nothing if not resourceful but she and her friends are running out of time and options. They stand at the westernmost edge of the Algardis Empire with a mission from their emperor - bring home the collar that will stop a god in its tracks or die trying.

But nothing is ever that simple. In their way stands thousands of people trapped inside a walled city for half a century. With the souls of the living and the corpses of the damned, the denizens of Kifar have become the living undead. 

What's worse than confronting the undead? Learning that those poor souls blame the imperial family for their predicament. Now the city and its people want retribution and the only thing they will accept is the sacrifice of the empire's most famous son - Sebastian Athanos Algardis.

He will stand trial for the crimes of his bloodline and it will take more than diplomacy for Ciardis to win his freedom, before a reign of fire comes down from the wyvern and the dragon to burn them all. 

My Review:
Reading this book was absolutely amazing! I've wanted to read it since it came out, but I didn't have a copy, and it took me a while to work up the courage to ask for a review copy. But I did, and I got a copy, and I was so happy and thankful! And I read this book, and absolutely loved it!

It was like meeting old friends, ones you haven't seen in a while, but you slip right into your relationship with ease. It was comfortable and exciting at the same time, to wonder what's going to happen next!

One thing that I really love about this series-and Terah Edun's writing, is the depth of these characters. They all have their backgrounds, their motives and their personalities. And they're complicated and don't always make sense until maybe they do, and that's just wonderful!

Loved all the developments that happened! Like the bonds, and how they'll now be working together, and easily. And there's the mystery of what happened to the citizens of Kifar in the camps. And the wyvern problem! They got what they needed, and I can't wait to see how that's going to play out!

Then there's the lingering questions for future books! Like, how much of a threat will Seven be in the future? Will they kill the wyvern like the Emperor wanted, or bring it back alive? Why was Raisa fine with Kifar after wanting to get there so badly with the importance it has/had to dragons? What about the the Muareg, are they going to bring him along, or leave him there? So wonderful to read!

Absolutely loved reading this book, it was fabulous, and has my favourite cover of the series thus far, and I can't wait for more! So excited for more!

Author: Terah Edun
Series: Courtlight #7
Read: June 1st, 2016
Source: Author for Review
Reason Why: Love this series so much! And it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2016 Book!
Publisher: Amazon Digital Services LLC
Published: February 20th 2016
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!