Saturday, June 11, 2016

Week 24 Review: Pandora's Daughter

From Goodreads:
For as long as she can remember, successful young physician Megan Blair has tried to silence the voices in her head—voices that bring her to the edge of madness and terror. Megan possesses psychic powers that have been dormant for years, hidden deep in the past she's tried so desperately to forget. But now everything has come to a boiling point—someone is trying to kill her, and others are trying to use her, including the deadly and seductive Neal Grady. Shocking secrets about her life and her mother's death bombard her as she fights to take control of her heritage and save herself and everything she believes in. Grady holds the key to understanding her future, a future in which Megan's life will never be the same.

If she survives to have a future.

My Review:
Reading this book again was just really awesome! Megan was in The Perfect Witness, so yeah, it was great to go back to read about her start! And that it has Grady, well, yeah, that was great, because he was only mentioned in the The Perfect Witness!

Being introduced to this world of this paranormal family with so many branches, was really interesting and enjoyable! The way things worked-how a woman had to be a Listener to be a Pandora, and the history, and everything, that was just great to read again!

So I kinda have to talk about The Perfect Witness again, because yeah, the connections. I don't remember how the ledger was stolen, just that it happened, and it's been yeas, and they were trying to get it back. While in this book, it was in their possession, and they had fakes made. Yeah.

The whole thing with Harley, and that ending, I lost track of the events like I did the first time! So I'm going to work it out here. Megan is hanging off the cliff, and could die. Harley tries to pull her up-touching her which is when the Pandora stuff kicks in, but it takes Grady to get her back up. Harley re-bandages Renata's wound. Later, when Renata and Megan are at the bottom of the cliff, Renata shows the healed wound. I got the re-bandaging part mixed up in the timeline in my mind when reading it!

Loved this book, it was really great, and I can't wait to read more!

Author: Iris Johansen
Read: June 4th, 2016
Source: Own
Reason Why: Rereading! And it's a SAC 2016 Book!
Publisher: St. Martin's Press
Published: October 16th 2007
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!