Saturday, June 18, 2016

Week 25 Review: Undone

From Goodreads:
Microbiology student Jess Devereaux is a girl with a plan — shake loose from her stalker ex, gain independence from her over-controlling family and, most important for her immediate happiness, seduce her sexy shooting instructor into the wild, no-strings-attached fling she's been dreaming of.

Gun-club owner Declan Cavanagh is a guy with a plan — do whatever it takes to gain custody of his young half-brother from his violent stepfather, even if it means making cash fast in the bloody cage matches he thought he'd left behind. And he's been doing some dreaming of his own about sweet, smart, sultry Jess.

When Jess finds herself in danger, Declan decides what she really needs is a bodyguard. Jess is determined to put aside her seduction plan and treat him like the professional he is. Which is not what Declan wants at all.

My Review:
I just absolutely loved reading this book! It was fantastic and enjoyable-and the fact that we only recently learned of its existence, well, yeah. I haven't read the original version with the 12 people in the restaurant. and I don't think I will, because Kelley Armstrong has said that this book is better and stronger without those elements!

This book was much steamier then her other books. Part of it, I think, is that it`s an NA book, they're college age, and they probably have some sexual experience. And the audience tends to be a bit older, too! So there was that!

One thing that I'm becoming pretty acutely aware of, is the common sense, and level-headedness, and this quality that I'm having a hard time to describe that these characters have that is something of a staple in Kelley Armstrong books! They don't go rushing in with no plan. They don't always assume things. It's this piece of adulthood that I don't have but I'm looking for it!

I just really enjoyed this story of Jess and Declan, each liking the other, but being unsure of the other's affections. And dealing with her stalker boyfriend, and his stepdad who got him into pretty illegal fighting matches. It made for a really great read!

Absolutely loved this book, it was fantastic, and I can`t wait to read another Kelley Armstrong book!

Author: Kelley Armstrong
Read: June 11th, 2016
Source: Author for Review
Reason Why: Love her books, and it's a SAC 2016 Book!
Publisher: Kelley Armstrong
Expected Publication: June 21st 2016
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!