Saturday, February 4, 2017

Week 5 Reviews: Etched in Silver, Witchling, Chageling, Darkling, Dragon Wytch, Night Huntress, Demon Mistress, The Shadow of Mist








From Goodreads:
Camille D'Artigo, a wicked-good witch and an Otherworld supernatural agent, is on the trail of a sadistic serial killer, when an unexpected-and dangerously seductive-ally comes to her aid, setting in motion a magical ritual that may end up binding them together, body and soul. In this prequel, readers learn how Camille and Trillian first fell in love.

From Goodreads:
We're the D'Artigo Sisters: Half-human, half-Faerie, we're savvy--and sexy--operatives for the Otherworld Intelligence Agency. But our mixed-blood heritage short-circuits our talents at all the wrong times. My sister Delilah shapeshifts into a tabby cat whenever she's stressed. Menolly's a vampire who's still trying to get the hang of being undead. And me? I'm Camille--a wicked-good witch. Except my magic is as unpredictable as the weather, which my enemies are about to find out the hard way...


At the Wayfarer Inn, a portal to Otherworld and the local hangout for humans and beasties alike, our fellow operative, Jocko, has been murdered. Every clue points to Shadow Wing, the soul-munching, badass leader of the Subterranean Realms. He's made it clear that he aims to raze humankind to the ground, turning both Earth and Otherworld into his private playground. Our assignment: keep Shadow Wing and his minions from creeping into Earth via the Wayfarer. The demons figure they're in like Flynn. After all, with only my bumbling sisters and me standing in the way, how can they miss? But we've got a secret for them: Faulty wiring or not, nobody kicks ass like the D'Artigo girls. . . 

From Goodreads:
We're the D'Artigo Sisters: Half-human, half-Faerie, we're savvy--and sexy--operatives for the Otherworld Intelligence Agency. But our mixed-blood heritage short-circuits our talents at all the wrong times. My sister Camille is a wicked-good witch whose magic is as unpredictable as the weather. My sister Menolly is a vampire trying to get the hang of being undead. And me? I'm Delilah. When I'm under stress, I transform into a tabby cat--and a series of violent murders is really getting me bent out of shape... 

Someone's been slaughtering the Weres of the Rainier Puma Pride, and my sisters and I have been enlisted to investigate by Zachary Lyonnesse, golden boy of the werepumas. Right away we smelled demon trouble, and we tracked it directly into the snare of the Hunters Moon Clan, sworn enemies of Puma Pride. But there's more than Were rivalry at work. It's that old demon Shadow Wing who is setting a deadly snare for the pumas. We have to find out why, which means a visit one to of the Immortals. Unfortunately, for my sisters and me, our half-human blood is just enough to put us in mortal danger.

From Goodreads:
We're the D'Artigo Sisters: Half-human, half-Faerie, we're savvy--and sexy--operatives for the Otherworld Intelligence Agency. But our mixed-blood heritage short-circuits our talents at all the wrong times. My sister Camille is a wicked-good witch whose magic is as unpredictable as the weather. My sister Delilah transforms into a tabby cat when she's under stress. And me? I'm Menolly, acrobat-extraordinaire-turned-vampire. And I'd give my right fang to make my sire pay for killing me. That is, if he doesn't find me first... 

All over Seattle, humans have been going missing, only to turn up as newborn vampires--the sure sign of a rogue vamp on the loose. It looks like Dredge is to blame. The same sadistic Dredge who gave me my scars, and who may well be in cahoots with the demon Shadow Wing. If so, Otherworld and Earth are screwed. The only way we can hope to defeat Dredge is for me to travel home to Otherworld, where I must face my own demons. Because unless I sever the ties that bind me to Dredge, all hell is going to break loose...

From Goodreads:
We're the D'Artigo sisters: savvy--and sexy--operatives for the Otherworld Intelligence Agency. But being half-human, half-Fae short-circuits our talents at all the wrong times. My sister Delilah shapeshifts into a tabby cat whenever she's stressed. Menolly's a vampire who's still getting the hang of being undead. And me? I'm Camille, a wicked-good witch, trying to juggle faulty magic, gorgeous men, and the demonic war in which we're embroiled. Sometimes, it's hard to know just who we can trust... 

The Equinox is coming, and mayhem rules. A crown-prince unicorn offers us a legendary gift, but it vanishes. Goblins and trolls swarm the streets of Seattle. And now Smoky, the sexiest dragon alive, decides to stake his claim--on me. Overshadowing it all, the third spirit seal surfaces and Shadow Wing's after it. But I've discovered a secret that could change everything. A new power is rising--a dangerous force from the past--one that intends to restore balance to the worlds...whether we like it or not..."

From Goodreads:
We're the D'Artigo sisters: sexy, savvy operatives for the Otherworld Intelligence Agency. But being half-human, half-Fae means our supernatural talents always go haywire at the wrong time. My sister Camille is a wicked good witch who attracts men like honey attracts flies. Menolly's a vampire who's still getting the hang of being undead. And me? I'm Delilah, a werecat who's been marked by the Autumn Lord as one of his Death Maidens. And wouldn't you know it, Karvanak--the demon general who stole the third Spirit Seal--is back. And this time, he's out for blood... 

The Hags of Fate enjoy seeing me squirm. First, my boyfriend, Chase, mutters another woman's name in his sleep. Then I discover the Autumn Lord has a very special plan for me. But things go from bad to deadly when Karvanak--the Rāksasa--returns. In order to get his greedy hands on both the fourth Spirit Seal and his former associate, Vanzir, he kidnaps Chase. Now, we have to find a way to rescue the man I love without risking the safety of both Otherworld and Earth... 

From Goodreads:
We're the D'Artigo Sisters: Half-human, half-Faerie, we're savvy--and sexy--operatives for the Otherworld Intelligence Agency. But our mixed-blood heritage short-circuits our talents at all the wrong times. My sister Camille is a wicked-good witch whose magic is as unpredictable as the weather. My sister Delilah transforms into a tabby cat at the worst possible times. And me? I'm Menolly, acrobat-extraordinaire-turned-vampire. And if the nerds from hell don't get their act together, I'm going to turn their toga party into a bloodbath... 

Life's getting stranger by the minute. First, Iris and I unearth a diary from one of the bartenders at the Wayfarer who disappeared under mysterious circumstances. And when I discover a ghoul in the woods near our home, we know there has to be a necromancer nearby--another sign that something's wrong. But the blood really hits the fang when we discover a secret society bent on winning Shadow Wing's favor. Now it's up to us to stop the chaos they've unleashed on the city, and to prevent the demon they summoned from devouring Delilah's soul... 

From Goodreads:

My Review:
I wasn't expecting to read these books. I hadn't heard of Yasmine Galenorn before, and then I did, and her Fly by Night series sounded great, and that meant I had to read this series first, and I'm so glad I did, because these books were just so freaking amazing!

I loved how these stories are told, one from Camille, one from Delilah, one from Menolly, and the repeat. Of course, there's short stories, but they're short stories. And in the titles, each cycle has a theme, the first being "ling." I really loved it!

Reading about these sisters, and their love lives and the fight for the survival of the realms from the bad guy, Shadow Wing. Who we haven't met, thank heavens, but just his scouting parties, and a few bigger bads! I think Camille is my favourite, I look forward to her books, but I think that's mostly because of her 3 guys, because it's different!

So much happens in these books! Each builds on the previous, their lives aren't paused just because they aren't narrating, but they are helping whichever sister who is narrating and leading that book. Like, Smoky, becoming a Death Maiden, and severing the bond to her sire. And that's just the first cycle! So awesome, and I can't wait to see where things are going to go from here!

Yeah, absolutely loved reading these books, they were so fantastic! And yeah, I need to read more!

Author: Yasmine Galenorn
Series: Otherworld/Sisters of the Moon #0.5, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 6.5
Read: Janary 31st, February 1st, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 3rd, 2017
Source: Ebook.bike
Reason Why: Sounded really great, and they're Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2017 Books!
Publisher: Berkley
Published: January 5th 2010, October 3rd 2006, June 5th 2007, January 2nd 2008, July 1st 2008, January 6th 2009, June 2nd 2009, September 3rd 2013

Etched in Silver:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars









Witchling:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars









Changeling:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars









Darkling:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars









Dragon Wytch:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars









Night Huntress:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars









Demon Mistress:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!