Saturday, February 11, 2017

Week 6 Reviews: Bone Magic, Harvest Hunting, Blood Wytch, Ice Shards, Counting Darkness, Shaded Vision, Shadow Rising, Haunted Moon, Autumn Whispers, Crimson Veil, Flight from Hell, Priestess Dreaming, Panther Prowling













From Goodreads:
We're the D'Artigo sisters: sexy, savvy operatives for the Otherworld Intelligence Agency. But being half-human, half-Fae short-circuits our talents at all the wrong times. My sister Delilah is a Were who turns into golden tabby when she's stressed. And Menolly's a vampire who's still trying to get the hang of being undead. As for me, I'm Camille D'Artigo, a wicked-good witch who's learning death magic with a youkai-kitsune husband. Until now, the Moon Mother has pretty much ignored me, but she's about to take me on the Hunt of my life...

Another equinox is here, and life's getting more dangerous for all of us. The past is catching up to our friends Iris and Chase. Smoky, the dragon of my dreams, is forced to chose between his family and me. To top it off, there's a new demon general in town, and we can't locate her. And when the Moon Mother and the Black Beast summon me to Otherworld, I think I'm just going to reunite with my long-lost soul mate, Trillian. But once there, I'm forced to undergo a drastic ritual that will forever change my life, and the lives of those around me.

From Goodreads:
We're the D'Artigo sisters: sexy, savvy operatives for the Otherworld Intelligence Agency. But being half-human, half-Fae means our supernatural talents can go haywire at any time. My sister Camille is a wicked good witch whose life recently took a drastic turn. Menolly's a vampire who's still getting the hang of being undead. And me? I'm Delilah, a werecat with a very interesting love life. But life isn't all fun and games. We're on the trail of the demon general who has decided that we've become quite a nuisance... 


It's Samhain, and the Autumn Lord, has called for my training to begin with the Death Maidens...and I find that I like it. But we've got problems: werewolves are going missing and a new magical drug, "Wolf Briar," is being used as a weapon. My dear Chase and I have come to a delicate crossroads and there's no turning back from our decision. And most dangerous of all: Stacia Bonecrusher has put a bounty on our heads. Now it's a race to take out the demon general before she realizes the sixth Spirit Seal is within her reach...

From Goodreads:
We're the D'Artigo sisters: half-human, half-Fae, we're sexy, we're savvy and we just turned in our badges to the Otherworld Intelligence Agency. My sister Camille is a wicked good witch. Delilah's a werecat and blossoming Death Maiden. And as for me? I'm Menolly, acrobat extraordinaire turned vampire. But being a vamp isn't all it's cracked up to be, especially when the Godfather of all vampires decides to play Prince Charming...


It's the holiday season and a vampire serial killer is on the loose. Hungry ghosts are tearing up the town and people are running scared. I strike a deal with Ivana Krask--one of the Elder Fae--and too late, discover strings are attached. But when I turn to Roman, one of the oldest, most powerful vampires around, for help, he offers me more than I ever bargained for.

From Goodreads:
Finnish house sprite Iris Kuusi has fallen in love again. But she is carrying a dark secret. Now, she must journey to the frozen Northlands to confront the shadow of her former lover who haunts her dreams, and to discover, once and for all, whether she actually committed the horrible crime for which she was cast out. Only by breaking a curse she’s been under since her youth, can she free herself to embrace the love waiting for her at home.

From Goodreads:
We're the D'Artigo sisters: sexy, savvy ex-operatives for the Otherworld Intelligence Agency. But being half-human, half-Fae means our powers go haywire at all the wrong times. My sister Delilah is a Death Maiden and werecat who belongs to the Autumn Lord. My sister Menolly is a vampire who's dating a gorgeous werepuma, and the godfather of the undead-set. And me? I'm Camille, Priestess of the Moon Mother, married to a dragon, a youkai, and a Svartan. But my dragon father-in-law has decided that he doesn't like having me for a member of the family... 


It's Winter Solstice, and Aeval welcomes me into her Court of Darkness. With Morio still dangerously weak from his injuries and Vanzir alive only thanks to my silence, the thought of training under Morgaine doesn't seem as daunting as it did. But then, Hyto returns to shatter my life. Captured and swept off to the Dragon Reaches, can I manage to stay alive long enough to escape, even as Smoky's father intends to break my spirit, then my body?

From Goodreads:
We're the D'Artigo sisters: sexy, savvy ex-operatives for the Otherworld Intelligence Agency. But being half-human, half-Fae means our powers could go haywire any time-mostly the wrong times. My sister Camille is a wicked-good witch with three sexy husbands. My sister Menolly is a vampire who's dating a werepuma. And me? I'm Delilah, a two-faced werecat and Death Maiden. I watch over things in the Supe Community, where trouble is about to go down hard... 


It's Valentine's Day and we're preparing our friend Iris's wedding. But when we get word that the Supe Community Center has been bombed, things get really ugly. The evil coyote shifters-the Koyami-are back and Newkirk, their new leader has joined forces with a group of rogue sorcerers. Then, just as we think things can't get worse, the demon lord Shadow Wing sends in a new front man, and life really goes to hell... 

From Goodreads:
We're the D'Artigo sisters: sexy, savvy ex-operatives from the Otherworld Intelligence Agency. Being half human, half-Fae means our powers go haywire at all the wrong times. My sister Camille is a wicked-good witch, with three gorgeous husbands. My sister Delilah is a two-faced werecat and a Death Maiden. And me? I'm Menolly, a jian-tu turned vampire, and I'm dating a sexy werepuma and the godfather of vampires. Unfortunately, life is about to get very, very nasty...

Nerissa and I can't decide on what we want to do for our promise ceremony and we're bickering like an old married couple. My sisters and I head to Otherworld for a meeting with Queen Asteria, where we discover that Shadow Wing has dispatched Telazhar to reignite the Scorching Wars. And as soon as we return back home, we find Gulakah, the Lord of Ghosts, waging a battle to control the magical beings over Earthside. Caught between two terrible enemies in a battle spanning two worlds, we can only hope we're in time to stop all-out annihilation.

From Goodreads:
We're the D'Artigo sisters: savvy half-human, half-Fae ex-operatives for the Otherworld Intelligence Agency. My sister Delilah is a two-faced werecat and a Death Maiden. My sister Menolly is a vampire married to a werepuma. And me? I'm Camille, a wicked-good witch with three sexy husbands. I'm a priestess of the Moon Mother, and I'm training under the Queen of Darkness. Unfortunately, playing in the dark means that sometimes you stumble over secrets better left buried...

There's a new Fae sorcerer in town--Bran, the son of Raven Mother and the Black Unicorn--and I'm the unwilling liaison between him and our new Earthside OIA. With cemeteries being ransacked and spirits being harvested by a sinister, otherworldly force, Aeval sends us to rescue the missing wife of a prominent member of the Fae nobility. Our search leads us to the mysterious Aleksais Psychic Network and, ultimately, to face the Lord of Ghosts where Morio and I must undergo a ritual that will plunge us directly into the world of the dead.

From Goodreads:
We're the D'Artigo sisters: savvy half-human, half-Fae ex-operatives for the Otherworld Intelligence Agency. My sister Camille is a wicked-good witch with three sexy husbands. My sister Menolly is a vampire married to a wildly hot werepuma. And me? I'm Delilah, a two-faced werecat and Death Maiden. The Supe Community is in danger and now it's up to us to unravel a mystery to which we may not want the answers...


When two vampiric software engineers approach us about a missing colleague, we don't expect to find much. But then Grandmother Coyote steps in and our simple missing persons case rapidly devolves into a nightmare of debauchery, slavery, and corporate greed. Now, we must infiltrate and destroy an underground organization of influential men, led by the mysterious Lowestar Radcliff, before they discover we're on to them. But one misstep puts our whole operation and our lives in peril, and I must unleash my powers as a Death Maiden, even if it means destroying someone I love.

From Goodreads:
We're the D'Artigo sisters: savvy half-human, half-Fae ex-operatives for the Otherworld Intelligence Agency. My sister Camille is a wicked good witch with three gorgeous husbands. Delilah is a two-faced werecat and a Death Maiden. And me? I'm Menolly, a vampire married to a scorching hot werepuma. And right now, we're facing enemies on all sides…

It's been a long and devastating week. Back in Otherworld, war has decimated the elfin city of Elqaneve, our father has gone missing, and Shadow Wing has managed to obtain another spirit seal. On the home front, somebody burned down my bar, the Wayfarer, killing eight people, including a friend.

To make matters worse, we still haven't found a way to stop Lowestar Radcliff—the daemon in charge of a supernatural corporate power grab. He's attempting to awaken Suvika, the lord of vice and corrupt businessmen, and we have to stop him. Our enemies are closing in on all sides, and this time, there's no place to hide…

From Goodreads:
When the half-demon Carter approaches Menolly and her sisters desperately asking for their help, they think he's just had a tiff with Shimmer, his blue dragon girlfriend.

But after talking to Alex Radcliffe, the owner of the Fly By Night Magical Investigations Agency where Shimmer works, they suspect that she has been kidnapped by an old enemy of Alex's.


Now, Alex must join forces with the D'Artigo sisters in a desperate race to find Shimmer before Julian, a powerful vampire from Alex's past with a grudge to settle, can use the dragon to wreak havoc on Seattle as revenge. 

From Goodreads:
We're the D'Artigo sisters: savvy half-human, half-Fae operatives for the Otherworld Intelligence Agency. My sister Delilah is a two-faced werecat and a Death Maiden. Menolly is a vampire married to a gorgeous werepuma. And me? I'm Camille, a Moon witch married to three hunky husbands, and I'm about to journey through the veils to search for a long lost legend…


With the war in Otherworld raging, the Queen of Shadow and Night summons me to her court. Aeval orders me on a quest through the mists to find an ancient ally of hers. I am to seek out The Merlin and wake him from his long sleep. Surrounded by danger on all sides, with Morgaine and Bran along for the journey, I must pray they are allies rather than enemies, as we undertake a perilous search through the labyrinth of time…

From Goodreads:
We're the D'Artigo sisters: savvy half-human, half-Fae operatives for the Otherworld Intelligence Agency. My sister Camille is a wicked-good witch with three gorgeous husbands. Menolly is a vampire married to a werepuma. And me? I'm Delilah, a two-faced werecat and a Death Maiden. While the war in Otherworld is expanding, so is my newly renamed PI business. And my next case is about to make life very interesting… 

While waiting for Shadow Wing's next move, I decide to revamp my ragtag PI agency into the Cat's Eye Investigations firm. My first client turns out to be our cousin Daniel. During the grand reopening for the Wayfarer, he shows up while being chased by a rampaging ghost. Daniel has procured a rare and valuable sword, and a ring of ghostly warriors comes attached to it. Protectors of the soul trapped within it, the spirits are out to stop anybody who threatens the weapon. As my sisters and I unravel the history of the sword, we quickly realize that the entity locked within the blade is a dangerous king from times gone by—and he's about to break free and try to recover his crown…

My Review:
Wow, it was so fantastic to read all these books! I mean, I devoured them, they were so fantastic, and I wanted to know what was going to happen next! So much happens, from developing their powers, facing demon generals, and so much more, these books were a hell of a ride!

These characters grew so much during these books! Camille learns that it's Ok not to be the rock, Delilah loses the rose-coloured glasses and met her forever guy, and Menolly marries her love and becomes the consort of a vampire prince. And that's just what I can put into words and that I remember happening in these books! (Because I just read the first 6 books, so there's a bit of blur in my mind!)

For me, one of the big stories in this was Counting Darkness, where Camille is kidnapped by her father-in-law. Nothing happens regarding the Shadow Wing story, but this is the story where Camille is hurt and abused-but she endures and survives and escapes and is stronger for it.

I just absolutely loved reading about these characters and their ups and downs and their stories! They are taking on the bad guys with very little outside help, though they are gaining more and more as the series goes on, those that'll help them win in the end, because they have to!

Such a fantastic series, and I can't wait to read more!

Author: Yasmine Galenorn
Series: Otherworld/Sisters of the Moon #7, 8, 9, 9.5, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 15.5, 16, 17, Fly by Night #0.5
Read: February 4th, 5th, 5th, 5th, 5th, 6th, 8th, 9th, 9th, 9th, 9th, 10th, 10th, 2017
Source: Ebook.bike
Reason Why: Loving her writing and this series! And they're Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2017 Books!
Publisher: Berkley, Jove
Published: January 5th 2010, October 26th 2010, February 1st 2011, December 1st 2012, October 26th 2011, February 1st 2012, October 1st 2012, January 29th 2013, September 24th 2013, January 28th 2014, August 19th 2014, September 30th 2014, January 27th 2015

Bone Magic:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars









Harvest Hunting:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars









Blood Wytch:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars









Ice Shards:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars









Counting Darkness:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars









Shaded Vision:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars









Shadow Rising:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars









Haunted Moon:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars









Autumn Whispers:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars









Crimson Veil:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars









Flight from Hell:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars









Priestess Dreaming:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars









Panther Prowling:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!