Saturday, February 18, 2017

Week 7 Review: All I Want for Christmas is a Vampire

From Goodreads:
Toni Davis's Christmas wish list

1. Springing my best friend from the psych ward.
2. Living somewhere that doesn't have coffins in the basement. Occupied coffins.
3. Finding Mr. Right. Please make him tall, dark, handsome, and alive.

This Christmas isn't so merry for Toni. Her best friend's been locked up in a mental hospital ever since she told the police she was attacked by vampires, and the only way for Toni to get her out is to prove that bloodsuckers really do exist. So she's taken a job as a bodyguard for the Undead, but she gets more than she bargained for, especially when she meets Ian MacPhie, a Scottish rascal looking for Ms. Right.

Although Ian's nearly five centuries old, he looks and acts like a twenty-seven-year-old hunk.

How can a dead man be so damn sexy? Could Mr. Wrong be Mr. Right? One forbidden kiss could lead to an eternity of passion—and all it takes is one moment under the mistletoe . . .

My Review:
This book was a lot of fun! Having Ian's story right after he aged those 12 years was great, because that meant we could still see him still struggling with the changes, in his body, and then becoming more used to them, so that was fantastic!

I think that this was one of the better books in the series, but the 1st and the 4th are still my most favourites so far, this is a pretty close second. I didn't read it as fast as those, but faster than I read books 2 and 3!

Having her friend in the mental institution because she was attacked and she said it was vampires, you'd think there'd be a little slack, seeing as she was attacked! And that just set it up for her pretty awful uncle to take advantage of the situation!

I thought it was really funny, the way all the girls latched on Ian because of his profile, and how it spiraled and became a mess of revealing of confidential information and uninformed opinions that became a situation that to the benefit of the bad guys! But they won in the end, yeah!

Loved this book, and I can't wait to read the next one!

Author: Kerrelyn Sparks
Series: Love at Stake #5
Read: February 15th, 2017
Source: Bought
Reason Why: Love her writing, and this series, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2017 Book!
Publisher: Avon
Published: October 28th 2008
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!