Saturday, March 24, 2018

Week 12 Review: The Heart Forger

From Goodreads:
In The Bone Witch, Tea mastered resurrection-now she's after revenge...

No one knows death like Tea. A bone witch who can resurrect the dead, she has the power to take life...and return it. And she is done with her self-imposed exile. Her heart is set on vengeance, and she now possesses all she needs to command the mighty daeva. With the help of these terrifying beasts, she can finally enact revenge against the royals who wronged her-and took the life of her one true love.

But there are those who plot against her, those who would use Tea's dark power for their own nefarious ends. Because you can't kill someone who can never die...

War is brewing among the kingdoms, and when dark magic is at play, no one is safe. 

My Review:
This book was just absolutely fantastic! I loved reading it, it was such an amazing sequel, and so much happened! It was such an incredible book! I loved that we could see more of the world, and knowing what happened in the first book, it made reading the bits that were narrated by the storyteller all the more meaningful, because I knew what they were!

The way that the past meshed with the present, and knowing that was what was happening, worked really well in this book, even better than the first, because we've had the first book to connect with these characters. Plus, the present is pretty action packed since she prepared her army in the first book, now she's using it! Loved it!

I felt bad for Tea. Being a bone witch, she's pretty much hated, and then her crush gets engaged and then falls ill, and she spends time with his cousin and we all know how that's going to end up! And we know she did something pretty bad to get a black heartglass, and there are so many secrets that she knows that she's revealing and has some pretty tricksy plots because nobody believes or trusts her, and I just had to keep reading!

There were a lot of politics in this book. From the arranged marriage to the promised marriage, the dynamics of the group, yeah, there was just a lot going on! I especially loved the way that they plotted to get out of the marriage that actually happened, I kinda guessed something like that would happen, but there were a ton of pieces that I'd missed that came together so well!

This book was just incredible, and I can't wait for the 3rd and I think final book! I just want to read it!

Author: Rin Chupeco
Series: The Bone Witch #2
Read: March 20th, 2018
Source: Ebook.bike
Reason Why: Loved the first book, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2018 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
Published: March 20th 2018
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!