Saturday, July 14, 2012

Week 28 Review: Sweet Evil

From Goodreads:
Embrace the Forbidden

What if there were teens whose lives literally depended on being bad influences?

This is the reality for sons and daughters of fallen angels.

Tenderhearted Southern girl Anna Whitt was born with the sixth sense to see and feel emotions of other people. She's aware of a struggle within herself, an inexplicable pull toward danger, but Anna, the ultimate good girl, has always had the advantage of her angel side to balance the darkness within. It isn't until she turns sixteen and meets the alluring Kaidan Rowe that she discovers her terrifying heritage and her willpower is put to the test. He's the boy your daddy warned you about. If only someone had warned Anna.

Forced to face her destiny, will Anna embrace her halo or her horns?

My Review:
Oh, such a great, wonderful book! And with such a great cover, too! I enjoyed it so much! So good, and entertaining, and amazing! I just really enjoyed it so much! And that it's a series, well, I'm not recording and posting the happy dance that I did!

Really enjoyed Anna's journey, because while it's one that most parents would hate, from being a good girl, to being the bad girl. But she has a reason-her mom was an angel, and her dad's a demon. So she has that struggle.

What I really hated that the demon's treated their kids like that! That at the meeting, they killed the one girl, because she'd fallen under her dad's sin too much to be of any use to them anymore, so they went to kill her? That's just horrible! And then Anna was the only one that stood up to them! Because she's new, and not been raised in this way her whole life! Just really sucks!

I really hope that the publishers are smart, and decide to publish the 2nd book, then the 3rd, since there currently isn't a contract, and I really want those books! So my happy dance might be premature! But I have hope that we'll get them!

Such a great book, and that it's a debut makes it even better, and I just want more!

Author: Wendy Higgins
Series: The Sweet Trilogy #1
Read: July 10th, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: Sounded like a freaking awesome book, and it's a DAC book and a LLFL book!
Publisher: HarperTeen
Published: May 1st 2012
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!