Saturday, July 14, 2012

Week 28 Review: Reckoning

From Goodreads:
Nobody expected Dru Anderson to survive this long. Not Graves. Not Christophe. Not even Dru. She's battled killer zombies, jealous djamphirs, and bloodthirsty suckers straight out of her worst nightmares. But now that Dru has bloomed into a full-fledged svetocha - rare, beautiful, and toxic to all vampires - the worst is yet to come.

Because getting out alive is going to cost more than she's ever imagined. And in the end, is survival really worth the sacrifice?

My Review:
Gah, I have conflicted feelings after reading this book. On one hand, it's a pretty great ending to the series. But on the other, there's just so many unanswered questions, and I just want more! Like what Dru's full name was! We never got that!

While a good deal of this book is Dru running or fighting, she does win in the end. After all, she's a svetocha who's been fighting pretty much her whole life, before things got all complicated like they did, so she was kinda used to it.

With a previous 4 books to build up the love interest, Dru doesn't pick either one of them. And Lili St. Crow told us why-Graves is damaged, and Christophe is Christophe, and much older then her and capable of manipulating her. But that we spend a total of 5 books invested in this, to have it end like that, not fun!

So the other questions, beyond her name, are how exactly she broke the hold on Ash, because I either missed it, or it wasn't there, but I want to know! Also, where her touch comes from? Then finally, that group of people or creatures. They're a mystery! It just doesn't feel resolved yet!

Yeah, I have some issues with this book, but I enjoyed it a lot!

Author: Lili St. Crow
Series: Strange Angels #5
Read: July 9th, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: Must finish this series!
Publisher: Razorbill
Published: January 1st 2011
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!